What's new

project64 problem

Midnightmf

the project open normal but when im gonna start a game says ATTEMPT TO OPEN FILE FAILED and dunno wat to do can anyone help me plz:(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you trying to load a game via the Rom browser or through File --> Open Rom?

It is advisable to use the first method.

md2244

im having the same as problem as MIDNIGHTMF i have no clue what to do. i DL the emulator from a different location (came with liek every rom). these files are all zipped but i dont think thats the problem, snes emu was the same way and thers no problems there so im wondering if i need to add plugins or sumthing let me know. thx

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You should really download Project64 from the official source. Out your roms in the Roms folder and they should come up in the Rom Browser whne you start the emulator. Do not use File --> Open Rom.

You should also unzip the rom you have, even though Project64 can handle zipped roms; but only when there a single ROM file in an archive.

md2244

maybe all the roms i have are the problem they are all .7z file extensions. lol i have never ever seen that ext in my life but w/e mayb thats where the prob is i dunno i guess ill just delete all that dl the emu from here and get roms from some where else one at a time >.< appartly the torrent i dl was i shiity up o well ty for the rsponse i appreciate it

md2244

i got 3 games to work. but they are reg zip files the ext is .z64 those work but theres only three games with that ext the other 5-6 hundred are 7z ext and i cannot play any of those files. i get a msg of " file loaded does not appaer to be a valid N64 rom verify your roms with goodN64" is there ne way to change the ext of those other games or is there a way for pj64 to recognize the 7z ext. im sure your tired of my questions but if u get a chance to give me the answer that would be sweet cuz im pulling my hair out thx.

smcd

stop downloading files that you don't know what they are, you'll hurt your PC one day :p as for 7z it is a compression format, pj64 public releases do not currently support the format. unpack them first. (ever tried googling "7z"?)