What's new

Glide64 and Mupenplus

bl4d3

Hi all.
First of all i wanna say thx for this project.
This is my problem.....
There are some games that works with old mupen64 0.5 with old glide 64, but does'nt work with this special version of mupen64plus.
For Ex: RR 64, Mario PArty 1,2,3.
Why ??
There is some fixes.

Thx Richard for your work. ;)

i'm using the trunk version rel 183.

cya

My PC: Opensuse 10.2 and Geforce fx 5200

Richard42

Emulator Developer
There are some games that works with old mupen64 0.5 with old glide 64, but does'nt work with this special version of mupen64plus.
For Ex: RR 64, Mario PArty 1,2,3.
Why ??

I don't have mupen64 0.5 set up at the moment but I did some testing with the latest Mupen64Plus. With a fresh 64-bit build I was able to play mario party 1 and ridge racer 64 pretty much perfectly with glide64.. Mario party 2 crashed at one point so I made a 32-bit build of mupen64plus and built the v.12 build of glide64-wonder-whatever from Gunther's Git repository. It also ran fine but crashed at the same point as the new 64-bit build. I didn't try mario party 3. What kind of a system do you have? What cpu, graphics, distro, etc.

OP
B

bl4d3

Opensuse 10.2
Cpu: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghz
Ram 1.3 Gb
Geforce Fx 5200

Pls could u tell me how to use the Gunther's Git repository , i would like to test that version.
But i'm a little newbie on linux.

Thx

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Pls could u tell me how to use the Gunther's Git repository , i would like to test that version.
But i'm a little newbie on linux.

Git is a distributed version control system. It works conceptually somewhat differently from SVN. Rather than checking out only a snapshot of the repository, you get the entire repo. You can get Gunther's glide64 repo by:

git clone git://repo.or.cz/Glide64.git glide64-git

This will create a directory "glide64-git" which contains the head of the repository. You can go into that directory and switch over to an older version by doing something like this:

git checkout -b tmp 9c1b7d5a7eac291cf2e0335405b98744f45fd413

This will create a new branch called 'tmp' from the commit given by the hash number (this is the original v.12 import) and update your working copy to this branch. You can build it and get the original v.12 build. If you want to go back to the head, you do "git checkout master" and then delete your temporary branch with "git branch -d tmp".

If you know how to use svn you can check out this tutorial which explains how things work in Git from the viewpoint of someone who understands svn:

http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html