What's new

Controller Issues

jimmyhughes

Hey I am having a problem with the controller working for some games, like the directional pad will work for golden eye but not wwe no mercy, any idea on what the problem is or how I can fix it? All of the other buttons work fine in all the games, just the directional pad won't work with some of them. Thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Most games use the analog stick for movement, not the digital pad. In a handful of games, this is reversed; You move with the digital pad and not with the analog stick.

OP
J

jimmyhughes

Most games use the analog stick for movement, not the digital pad. In a handful of games, this is reversed; You move with the digital pad and not with the analog stick.

The controller I am using has both. What I mean is in Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart ect. both the digital pad and the analog stick work but in No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000 ect neither works.

Hellwolf_36

If you are using a PSX style controller, you must turn the analog stick off by pressing the button that enables it. If there is an indicator, the light must be off.

You could also swap Jabo for N-Rage's Controller Plugin, and see if that gives you any problems. That one I recommend since you can also program your mouse into the game.

I had this problem by accident a few times playing some games.

OP
J

jimmyhughes

If you are using a PSX style controller, you must turn the analog stick off by pressing the button that enables it. If there is an indicator, the light must be off.

You could also swap Jabo for N-Rage's Controller Plugin, and see if that gives you any problems. That one I recommend since you can also program your mouse into the game.

I had this problem by accident a few times playing some games.

The problem isn't the light I have tried that over and over. How do I go about changing to the N-rage controller plugin?

Thanks again for all the help.

OP
J

jimmyhughes

Thaks for all the help everyone but unfortunately none of those ideas worked. I'll keep checking back incase anyone else can think of something, but I appericate the effort thanks again.

twiztidgamer

pretty sure the D-pad is not used in no mercy ... and that would be why you cant use it.... ya know.... not all games use the D-pad... im going to check now and update with the info

**edit**

the d-pad seems to work fine for me using Jabo's directinput7 1.6 plugin.

this was just tested in the menu

Last edited:
OP
J

jimmyhughes

pretty sure the D-pad is not used in no mercy ... and that would be why you cant use it.... ya know.... not all games use the D-pad... im going to check now and update with the info

**edit**

the d-pad seems to work fine for me using Jabo's directinput7 1.6 plugin.

this was just tested in the menu

Thats for the help but it doesn't work for me. I'll keep trying though.