What's new

Graphics Card for Dell Inspiron 531s

yegosimo

Bug Killer
Hey Emutalk buddies, it's been a long time.. haha
I need some help from you guys, I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 531s PC [AMD Athlon X2 4000+ / 1GB + 2GB RAM / 160GB HD/ NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 @ 256MB Integrated Card / Windows Vista Home Basic]
The point is that I want a graphics card, I need your advice, I can't install any card since the case is very slim (around 9.5cm wide) and I need some kind of slim graphics card.. I'd be great if its 256MB+256MB of shared RAM so it'll finish up to 512MB.. but I don't want to waste more than $100..
Here's a Review of the Inspiron 531s click

Thanks guys :cheers:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
AFAIK you can't even buy at Newegg =( I tried myself. BTW, why did you choose Dell? is better build the system yourself. Some mobos with integrated video have a PCI Express slot for adding a video card, or AGP slot (old ones). Some mobos with integrated viedo do not offer those slots at all

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
no more than $100, I guess that a Geforce 8500GT will do. It is not a card that run Crysis at full settings, but is a fine card for your budget. About the card size? you better check out the specifications of the card manufacturer, but I think that one will fit very well. It's not as big like a 8800GTX and only need one slot.

EDIT: A friend of mine get those 8500GT at a very good price here in Costa Rica, PM if you are interested

Last edited: