What's new

Needing help (new with emulation)

Phamine

Currently using Macbook Pro, 2.2GHz, 2GB memory.

I tried using sixtyforce (found out that it didn't save), and now I am a bit lost for what to do. I have downloaded mupen64, but the video and audio is not great (or even good). I am not sure what video cards, or audio I have; I tried looking throughout the forum for video and audio downloads to help with my n64 emulation problems, but they seemed all for PC.

I may be a noob, but sigh...any suggestions as to what I should specfially use for my computer?

spartan

mupen is probably the best emulator for a mac. you should use ricesvideolinux for your graphics plugin. but i dont have a mac so i can help you no more.

OP
P

Phamine

I have heard people talk about "ricesvideolinux". (call me a computer newb) Can i run the linux video program on my computer even if i am using Leopard?

And as for audio, at the moment I am not too terribly concerned if I get it fixed or not. As long as the game runs fine, and the graphics don't screw up so much, heck I'm happy. But I'll try and provide a screenshot of my mupen64 "in-action" along with the settings so maybe someone could tell me what I am doing wrong?

edit:

upon opening up mupen, i loaded up Paper Mario. I had it at the biggest resolution (the smaller sizes made me dizzy hah) and the graphics problem seemed to be less severe. But when i moved around it still was hectec, and the audio was bad. Loaded up DK64, problems. basically the graphics were all over the place in certain parts, but the first 20 seconds of the game worked PERFECT. sigh, emulators.

Last edited:
OP
P

Phamine

Sixtyforce might be an option to try too

Is there a saving feature? because i remember when i used sixtyforce, i was unable to save. and i do not want to spend money just to be able to save to be honest.