What's new

Donkey Kong 64 help

rianevans

Hi everybody. I would be absolutely thrilled to get Donkey Kong 64 running properly because the game holds good ol' memories for me and just plain makes feel happy haha.

I currently use both Project64 as well as 1964. If I recall, I was having the most luck with 1964 for Donkey Kong. Everything runs smoothly except that I get this one annoying problem that makes the game practically unplayable. I'm not sure what the technical term would be for it, but basically every couple of seconds the graphics will jump back in time by a split second, if that make sense. Lets see I'm running through the jungle and I pass a tree. One step later I will be back right next to that tree. I mean, it's minor and I'm sure I can still play the game, but very annoying. It's like 3 steps forward one step back or something. Sound is fine.

Any suggestions for what plugins to use? Right now just using the defaults I believe. I dunno about 1964, but with PJ64 I've had the problem in the past where I'll put a new plugin in the plugin folder but that PJ64 won't be able to find it/make it available.

Thanks so much, hope someone can help me out. :)

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I recall DK64 requiring some graphics z-buffer emulation. Check your video plugin options. I could be off base but it's worth a shot.