What's new

360 controller via charge kit not being found!!!

spankmaster

I've just installed the driver straight from the new hardware wizard and all that crap for my 360 wireless controller hooked up to my laptop via a cord that turns it into a wired controller and also charges a battery. its call a PLAY AND CHARGE KIT. i've done this with and without the battery in and out of the controller pj wont recongize it. and help for this problem? thanks in advance!

spankmaster

Last edited:
OP
S

spankmaster

it certainly DOES work as a cord because even with no battery in the controller ( i forgot to mention that in the original post) it still works and operates like a corded controller. it works that way in the xbox and my laptop still registers it as being plugged in, so i know thats not the case, at least not in that sense.

Shugo

It registers it as a USB cable, it doesn't recognize it as a game controller. Also, plugging it in without a battery in the controller will void the controller's warranty, since you can't read a simple box.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Once again, you cannot use the XBox controller with your computer via the Play and Charge Kit. We're all getting tired of answering this question.

Billard

no data goes through that cord
it works on the 360 with no battery because the cord powers it
but it still sends the data wirelessly

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
if you take the control apart there is infact hard points available to solder cables to, but the play and charge cable doesn't provide all the wires required anyway....

twiztidgamer

If you really think thats going to work Then theres something wrong with you. .. atleast do yourself a favor and read the instruction manual before you come here asking stupid questions that people ask every other day!

if you have a question search the forum or google it first.

spartan

if you want to use a wireless controller they sell a Wireless Accessories adapter
for like 20 or 30 u.s dollars. but like the rest said the play and charge kit only transfers power not data.

OP
S

spankmaster

wow, i never had the box that came with this cause it was given to me, so thanks for the info but this is one harsh forum. i looked through the forum for 5 or 10 minutes and didnt see a topic on in even though there apparently is, so sorry for that, but a simple answer is all i really needed, i didnt need a bashing. so thanks for your answers but i dont see myself comming back to this forum anytime soon.

smcd

Not everyone here is an asshat though you seem to have attracted 1 or 2 (who shall remain nameless but aren't hard to guess from the posts above) Sorry your first experience with EmuTalk was something like this

twiztidgamer

I apoligize For being a little harsh, and i will try not to be an asshat in any future posts :)

Google is your friend! .... lol ... (i dont work for them)

Pippp

If you really think thats going to work Then theres something wrong with you. .. atleast do yourself a favor and read the instruction manual before you come here asking stupid questions that people ask every other day!

if you have a question search the forum or google it first.

This was a perfectly reasonable question to ask. You can not always rely upon what the box or the instruction manual says, and it angers me that you would put someone down for not relying upon what a manufacturer says. The people that question what they are told are the ones that come up with most of the innovations in this world.

I am an engineer and I should know that most electronics are over engineered, so the manufacturer can enable features later on if it decides to do so. It is evident that the controller does provide some sort of communication over the wired connection because windows recognizes the device. It is therefore not unreasonable to imagine that someone might be able to exploit this.

Give it time, if it can be done it will be done.

MK91233

repeat that?

did u say that it registered as a controller on your pc but does not pick it up on the emulator if so post some screen shots of it to prove it to the people who keep saying it wont work :p :pj64: :n64: :daedalus: :mupen64: :nemu:

ps
vista sucks get xp

Shugo

Godamn, it's NOT registered as a controller. The OS just says that it recognizes something in the USB Port.

Pippp said:
You can not always rely upon what the box or the instruction manual says

You're an idiot. If it says "This doesn't work on your PC without the wireless adapter", then you shouldn't think it does. The manufacturers of microwaves say don't put metal in it, I think you should rely on that. Also, Microsoft wouldn't sell something like this so cheap, they want people to buy wired controllers if they want to use them on PCs, or just use the wireless adapter.