What's new

Suddenly can't save games

gowingsgo8803

Hey guys,

First of all, PJ64 is nuts. Great job to everyone who worked on it.

On to the problem. I have been using PJ64 for some time now, and have been using ROMs successfully (except the ones that were buggy). A few days ago, I began experiencing saving problems, specifically, with WWF No Mercy. My created wrestlers, as well as the default wrestlers, no longer save when I make changes to their moves/appearances/names.

The games are still fully functional to my knowledge, but saving on No Mercy seems to have stopped working. I haven't tried it out on any other ROMs, so I'm unsure if this problem is with all ROMs that I have downloaded, or specifically this one, which has worked for over a year.

When I load the game, everything works fine - I have a .fla and a .mjk in the default save folder, as well as the .z64 file in the main directory. Starting the game, all plugins are are working (audio and graphics), with both controllers plugged in and set to Memory Pak. Under System -> Current Save State, the 'Default ~" is selected.

My specs are: Windows XP Pro SP2, Dell Inspiron 6400, 2.16 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM. As far as I know, Java and Direct X and such are fully up to date.

Does anyone know why the ROM is no longer saving? Is there something wrong with my ROM, or could I have a possible virus or something else unrelated to PJ64?

Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and take care.

Marc