What's new

Majora´s Mask Problem

Nahuel

I can´t save, i play the song of time and later (when you can play with link again) i reset but my savegame isn´t.
What is wrong????

Please don´t tell me: "use snapshot", i have already done it :p

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Are you 100% sure that it is not saving? Zelda picks a place to start you off in each time depending on where you are. If you saved the game in the woods it would more than likely start you off in a town on a restart.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The game is supposed to work like that. If you don't like it, use savestates as suggested.

Clements

Exactly. Majora's Mask only saves a few elements when playing the Song of Time, such as major equipment and quest items, Ocarina songs and rupees if you banked them. You lose ammo, bottle contents, unbanked rupees and stray fairies, and side quests and dungeons reset and your previous location is not saved (you appear in Clock Town on Day 1).

TOTMS

That did kind of irk me a bit about MM - great game like OOT, however its nice to progress and see the fruits of your gaming work (as in OOT) whereas in MM, you only see it for a brief duration (e.g. if you completed a temple the area around it becomes nice again but only until the song of time.)

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

I´m not talking about the items or the place that the game saves.
The thing that happens with Project 64 is that the game dosn´t save anything.
Got that?? there is no save file.

Clements

Then the problem could be:

- Gameshark code
- Save folder is set to read-only
- Save state causing corrupt save data
- Hacked ROM image
- Bad or outdated RDB file
- You altered the save setting from the default somehow.

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

- Gameshark code
NO
- Save folder is set to read-only
NO
- Save state causing corrupt save data
COULD BE
- Hacked ROM image
NO
- Bad or outdated RDB file
NO
- You altered the save setting from the default somehow.
???