What's new

Some Various questions/comments...

Dreadbane

Hello everyone, I recently have gotten back into the emulation scene, and have been trying to find the best emulator environment for my rig. It is a AMD Athlon xp 1700 with a Voodoo 5, 256 megs ram, and Windows 2k with a soundblaster live..... Anyhow Ive tried several emulators, and only one seems to work good for me and that is PROJECT 64!

TR64: Shows promise, decent sound and such, but graphics skip and are boggy

Ultrahle/Supra: Upon starting a rom, the screen blacks out and I have to reboot. I havent tried any wrappers yet, but then again....my card is a voodoo so...

1964: Same problems as tr64 but is a bit slower and more bogged down.

Anyhow, ive tried some things like glide64 and such, but it does want to work right. Does anyone here have a similar system to mine? and if so what kind of stuff would you reccomend for best results?

Like I said, Project64 runs near perfect, but ive read that they have stopped developing it? Anyhow, if anyone has some suggestions to getting tr64 and 1964 running faster and less boggy, and to get ultrahle to work, I would really aprreciate it.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Hrm, 1964 should run exactly the same as PJ qualitywise (well except for 2d stuff) - but 1.5~2x faster. You're using Jabo's GFX plugin right?

OP
D

Dreadbane

Ah thanks! I overlooked that aspect of the installation...dirrr...lol

Well now I can add 1964 to the number of working emulators!

Still cant get the others to do much, but then again, if these two work well, no point eh?

btw, 1964 is still being updated correct?