What's new

Animal Forest Menu screen error

Suppaman

I'm pretty sure you all know about this problem. The error on the menu screen (black box covering like a quarter of the screen) is really annoying me. I've seen videos where people have by passed this but like I haven't heard of any way to get around it. Can someone please help me? I have tried almost every single plugin with this game... (I'm not sure if i've tried the most updated ones... but I've tried all the ones i could find on the net)

Right now the best one for me is Jabo's D3D8 1.6 plugin on Project64 1.6 ( dunno how to get the latest 1.7)

I checked and the graphics card on my laptop is nvidia Geforce Go 6150.

All the other N64 games run fine on my computer. Is it the emulator, or is it a bad rom? In project64 the font for this rom is black since it is unsure of its status.

Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

FlotsamX

I think one of those DirectX plugins work... not sure which, though. I think it works with Glide.

And no, it's not a bad ROM, I have that problem too.

OP
S

Suppaman

I've tried different Glide Plugins but I haven't had much luck yet. Someone on youtube had posted a video and is playing on an emulator and his menu screen is not messed up. I messaged him but haven't gotten a reply yet. You think it's my graphics card?

Anyways here's the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SNlCrNWYfwY

FlotsamX

No: it is not your video card. The messed up menu screen is a framebuffer glitch. They can also be seen in the menu for "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", and the intro for "Banjo Kazooie".

Direct64 0.5 can run the effect.

OP
S

Suppaman

Direct64 0.5 fixes it? I'm pretty sure I already tried that.

EDIT:

I tried Direct64 v0.5.03.25.. and got that... is there any specific version of Direct 64 i should be trying. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: whoops just realized i double posted below. Sorry..

Last edited:
OP
S

Suppaman

Ok i found the correct direct64 plugin that fixes the menu but i have one last problem.. the lower ends of the characters(except the main character) flash like crazy. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

X-Fi6

Update your graphics drivers?

Also try using GlideHQ and enable Hardware Framebuffer Emulation.

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6490

If you want anti-aliasing though, you'll have to force it with your graphics card settings (like with the ATI Catalyst Control Center or the nVidia Control Panel) and choose to force anti-aliasing to like 4x.

OP
S

Suppaman

It's enabled and I still get the black box on the menu with GlideHQ. I think ill stick with direct64 but all i need is to get rid of that annoying flashing. Thanks for the tip anyways.

Anyone have any suggestions to get ride of the flashing? (certain graphics settings for direct64?)