What's new

64 bit dolphin very very slow

dryJ

Internet Superhero!
i downloaded the 64-bit dolphin because the 32-bit was damn slow... but im still only getting about 4 fps with the 64-bit one.
I have a 64-bit processor (Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13GHz) and a 64-bit OS (Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit) and my graphics drivers i updated last week... any help is appreciated

dryJ

EDIT

I been playing with some switch things and now i either have very slow (2 or 3fps) or very fast (60 or 70 fps, game running at 2 or 3 times speed)
i get the slow game when the "dynarec" switch isnt activated, and very fast game speed when it is activated... is there any way of getting an "in between" here.....

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. At least not until someone codes a framelimiter for Dolphin. Dynarec is what people should be using, anyways.

OP
D

dryJ

Internet Superhero!
hi again, do you know if anyone is coding a framelimiter for dolphin.... or if it is coming in the next version??

Sercio

Yes its confirmed that the nest dolphin version supports a frame limiter... its not sure yet when :D

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
ZOMG! A NEW VERSION!

I thought dolphin was dead?!?!?!?!?!?
You should probably check the forum, you will see a lot little advices from the devs that they are still working on Dolphin!
I wonder why everybody thinks a emu is dead, only because you hadn't heard that much for some month?!