What's new

Controller rumble

Fenwick

Are there any ways to output rumble values from PJ64 in order to activate the rumble on my USB controller? I have a microsoft xbox 360 wired controller.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You could have worded your question a bit better (i.e. how to get rumble working, etc.), don't you think?

For the rumble to work, you need a controller plugin that supports the Rumble Pak + proper drivers for your X360 controller. There have been several threads discussing the X360 controller specifics, so search the board.

OP
F

Fenwick

I probably should have searched harder before posting a new thread, eh?

I found my solution. I needed XBCD (and the patch for it), and N-rage controller plugin. It's working very well.

DragonX_79

i've been busy with the installer i made, (64b compatibility issues) and i do believe they are all sorted out now.

the fruits of my toil are available here
http://www.techiedownloads.com/downloads/XBCD/XBCD_Installer_0.2.6.exe

I am a new user, i came here most cuz of this reason, and i didnt want to make a new topic.

Can help me get The rumble pack feature for my Xbox360 controller for the N66 emulator Project64.

I downloaded that " fruits of my toil are available" and all it did was make the rumble pack option appear, but when selected it still doesnt work.

I've tried searching the threads for 'rumble + 360 controller" and all i get is plp talking about stuff, but no real links.

can sum1 just give me direct links to download wats required, to have the rumble feature work.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you need new direct x if cant find xinput_1.dll
dont bother with xbcd it screw up controls and reduces axis accuracy and it doesnt work with headsets,wireless controllers ect.

would someone ban this asstroll already? all he does is post bullshit.

DragonX_79

would someone ban this asstroll already? all he does is post bullshit.

can U help me out then?

i found out i needed to go to setting< plugin < and select the Ngage. Now i did and it shows all the updated selections, including the rumble.

NOW there's a problem. just need to find how how the fuck can i actually use the controller with the ngage. Because for supersmash bros's for example it says "Controller not plugged in..." even though in the controller options for the Project64 says 'XBCD...Plugged in"

But if i plug in the controller before starting the emulation it allows me to play with the controller, problem is then i dont have sound(asumming thats because the computer sends the audio signals to my controller.

Do i need to get another download for the controller(to allow it to be used after emulation has already started)?

or

Do i need to get a new audio plugin?

:(

Last edited:

pcuser2008

PC Guru
can U help me out then?

i found out i needed to go to setting< plugin < and select the Ngage. Now i did and it shows all the updated selections, including the rumble.

NOW there's a problem. just need to find how how the fuck can i actually use the controller with the ngage. Because for supersmash bros's for example it says "Controller not plugged in..." even though in the controller options for the Project64 says 'XBCD...Plugged in"

But if i plug in the controller before starting the emulation it allows me to play with the controller, problem is then i dont have sound(asumming thats because the computer sends the audio signals to my controller.

Do i need to get another download for the controller(to allow it to be used after emulation has already started)?

or

Do i need to get a new audio plugin?

:(

The link i gave you before rumble will not work with unnofficial drivers e.g XBCD you need official Drivers i give you a link

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx

now use the link select your os/lang ect now install after installation you find that pressing the green button in the middle of the joypad will light up and pressing it will show a small window on the pc. if it show you now you have official drivers you can now setup the plugin.

go into N-RAGE Input Plugin Configurations select controllor 1 then select devices then in the device dropdown menu select XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
now below this tick Xinput Rumble after select Controller pack then select "Rumble Pack" on the dropdown menu then set up you controls on the Controls menu personnally the left analogue will be the n64 analogue stick 360 dpad be n64 dpad the right analogue will be c buttons and b will be a b, will be b and z will be right trigger and the l and R be the small buttons above the trigger.
then click save.

That it a guide on using the nrage plugin eg the link i gave u last post.
unfortunatly people dont know the way to set up the 360 controllor nrage plugin
that why errors occur. i used this plugin the day it came out and had no props with it i even played 4 players once with it all 4 controllors pluged in with full rumble.

pcuser2008

PC Guru
Xinput is for fags, its used by hardly anything (0.5% of games) where as Dinput is used by the other 99.5%

get the Nrage 2.0 plugin from
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=36135

its strange that audio would disappear.. and i doubt using Xinput would change the fact.

yes because dinput been used since win95 about 15 years old and xinput is about 1-2 years old although they are alot of new title in future for xinput eg alone in the dark and next gen john carmack titles.

squall_leonhart

I will never consider a port from an xbox360 to be a pc game.

Dinput is not going to die anytime soon and for the record, the plugin your pushing has several buffer overflow bugs, as well as several functional bugs.

DragonX_79

that is one of the bugs in nrage 1.83, use nrage 2.0 that you can get in the plugins section.

umm if your talking about "NrageR_DInput8_V2_2.00"

if so i already got that.

Using Project64 1.6, so far i ONLY have that controller plugin besides the defult plugins. I've also downloaded that XBCD thing.

the main problems are the rumble is selectable but they arent actually rumbling. The only one that rumble's is the visual rumble NOT controller.

(on a SIDE-note, do you have any good audio plugins for project64 1.6, my sound is laggy and pratically static? *link* any1?)

DragonX_79

The Thing is i AM using the "NRage_DInput8_V2_2.00b" file (unless u got another 2.0 plugin that i should use)

and I also got the "XBCD360v025", that Rabiddeity recomended.

It just doesnt fucking work. The Most sucess i got was the options of "Constant rumble/ Rampforce rumble", but even with it selected it wouldnt work...

***HERE's WAT I'VE GOT FROM MY AND RABIDDEITY'S PM's***

rabiddeity said:
You need two packages. One is the XBCD drivers that provide full DirectInput support. The other is the latest version of the input plugin for Project 64, which you already have.

Here's the link to the first package. Make sure you download the correct version for whether you're using XP or Vista or whatever.
http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/download.html

Install that, read through the manual to set it up properly, reboot, and then run PJ64. Go to the Configure Controller Plugin menu.

The RawMode tickbox is under the Controller Pak tab, right next to where you select Rumble Pak or whatever. Is Rumble Pak selected? Is that box ticked? If so, try clicking on "Test Rumble" and your controller should vibrate for a sec. If it does, you're good. If not, download the DEBUG version and try it.

ok listen,

(I cannot even find the Test Rumble selection on the Nrage Plugin...)

i got a RLY werid perdicument which makes me to believe a better audio plugin then the default "zimar's Audio Plugin"

BECAUSE OF THIS:

a)When i put in the controler into my computer USB port, AFTER an emulation of a game begun the controller will simply not be deteched.

b)But, if i put it in BEFORE the emulation of a game starts, there is absolutely no audio. I believe that is because the comp assumes the controller can also output sound, and therefore puts the audio to the controller.

Now like usual, (if i do the 'b' way) I can SELECT the 2/3 rumble feauture's (Constant rumble, ramp force) but not DIRECT rumble. I can also select 'Raw Data' and 'Rumble Pack' in the Controller Pak. But EVEN when select and saved/used, it will simply NOT rumble!

I got that XBCD360v025 (for my XP), and i got the Nrage 2.00 diput V2.

Do i need to get the 'Debugged' 1? and will i have to uninstal the current Nrage 2.00?

i need the following:
1).A relatively new audio plugin, though anything better then the default Zimlar plugin. (LINK)

2)If i DO need the debugged version of Nrage 2.00, do i uninstall the previous one, before downloading it? (Y/N)

3)I when downloading the driver XBCD, do i need the source code? (Y/N)

4). I got the XBCD360v025, and Nrage 2.00, anything im missing?

5). Not about rumble - Can u give me a good graphic plugin? (LINK)

Last edited:

DragonX_79

coolrom

and i also got supersmash bro's from there too (the game im trying to use rumble with)

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

argh... if you dont edit that link out your gunna get banned, so do it quickly while im the only one who has seen it.

you need to get Project64 from the official site to get support here.