What's new

Whats Current?

Xtyfe

heyas

i was wondering if anyone could tell me what N64 emulator is currently under active development?

i used to use project64, but that seems to be dead now

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Mupen64 is still active... the linux and the windows build are tweaked by 2 different devs, but they also share infos and tweaks, so it isn't a big problem.
Project64 is active aswell... it's in beta development for some years already, okay there weren't any releases, the past few months, but that doesn't mean, that it is already dead!
1964 (my favourite emu btw) had some improvements after the release of 0.99 but sadly they never saw the light of the day. There's PROBABLY no development on it... but you never know.
Nemu is dead already for many years, the other known emus aswell.
That's it afaik...
Ah: forget one important emu: Apollo!
You never know whether Azimer is working on it, but I know, when there's a new release, it isn't the apollo you knew, it's heavenly improved and probably has some features you never thought about! Just IMHO...
Hope it helps you a lil bit!

OP
X

Xtyfe

i see

i guess a better question would have been...
what has the best compatibility

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
All emus have their pro and cons, but you could give Bigheads multiple game configuration a try... it's heavenly outdated, but should still give you some great recommendations for emus, configs and plugins...
And if there's already a new version of this plugin it performs most of the time better than in the list stated. So have fun playing one of the best consoles on your PC.

FlotsamX

Who's arguing? Every emulator has its best-comings. 1964, for example, has integrated netplay, and Mupen has one of the easiest user-interfaces I have ever seen in an emulator. But, out of statistics I have seen myself, P64 has the best compatability in terms of ability to play, and (usualy) speed.

Of course, if you prefer Mupen, 1964, ULE, Corn, or whatever, it's your opinion, don't let me get in the way with it. ^.^

A.I.

Banned
Well, we are spoiled for choice, aren't we?

My prefered choice of course is PJ64, followed by 1964 which I use only for Banjo Tooie (0.85) and Perfect Dark (0.99) Incidently, 1964 introduced me to N64 emulation.

Oh and Mupen is like hot Indian curry. It makes my computer go beserk so I try to avoid it like a rectal examination.

Last edited:

Dogman5

----------
Sorry, PJ64 dominates. I dont even mess with the others anymore.

Unless there is an emulator that can allow games to play at an actual 60fps.