What's new

E-Mail Client Recomendation

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Now that Gmail uses IMAP I'm interested in using an e-mail client application. I know how to setup them properly. However, I haven't used them intensively.

So it's just for basic stuff, just read and send e-mail. I have Office 2007, but the Outlook thing seems very big a complex to me, so it will use more memory. There's Windows Live Mail, the successor of Windows Mail and Outlook Express, but it's a MS offering and there always people unhappy with MS things sometimes (I use Windows, and Office, but I use Firefox for example). And finnaly (speak of the devil) there's Thunderbird, Mozilla's offering.

I just really do basic stuff, and I need a fast, secure and robust thing. What do you guys recommend?

Allnatural

I use Foxmail. I can't claim it's the best since I haven't used many others, but it gets the job done for me. Bonus points since it displays all emails as plain text by default.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah, Thunderbird... X64 build.
Easy to config, great to use and also easy to enhance with extensions!

Last edited:
OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Tested Windows Live Mail, and gave issues with the IMAP service sometimes. Tested Thunderbird and works flawleslly... Dunno about Outlook 2007 yet... BTW Is there a way to easyly get all the contacts from gmail exported to Thunderbid?