What's new

Ogre Battle + Rice 6.1.1 + Fullscreen

FireFox31

Hello, I'm trying to improve the look of Ogre Battle 64. My 6 year old Athlon 1600 is running a GeForce2 GTS, which is probably part of the problem.

OB64 runs flawlessly using Rice 6.1.1 with default settings and DirectX 9... in windowed mode only. But, when I run it full screen, the text becomes hard to read and battle animations are choppy. I fixed battle animations using Current Game Options > Frame Update at = At the 1st CI change. Is there any way to fix the full screen text? It looks like the shadows of the letters are too large...?

Why would things look different between windowed and full screen? I've tried different resolutions and refresh rates with no luck. Other oddities: Using Rice 6.1.1 in OpenGL, only full screen mode used some intense anti aliasing while windowed was nice and blocky.

I also tried Glide64 using the Glide wrappers from both Hacktarux and zeckensack. They both had poor quality and chroma keying, which zeckensack attributes to my old video card. Jabo 1.6 worked well enough except for frequent downs. For now, I'll use Rice and hope someone here knows why full screen is much different than windowed. Thanks.

next_in_line

Hello, I'm trying to improve the look of Ogre Battle 64. My 6 year old Athlon 1600 is running a GeForce2 GTS, which is probably part of the problem.

OB64 runs flawlessly using Rice 6.1.1 with default settings and DirectX 9... in windowed mode only. But, when I run it full screen, the text becomes hard to read and battle animations are choppy. I fixed battle animations using Current Game Options > Frame Update at = At the 1st CI change. Is there any way to fix the full screen text? It looks like the shadows of the letters are too large...?

Why would things look different between windowed and full screen? I've tried different resolutions and refresh rates with no luck. Other oddities: Using Rice 6.1.1 in OpenGL, only full screen mode used some intense anti aliasing while windowed was nice and blocky.

I also tried Glide64 using the Glide wrappers from both Hacktarux and zeckensack. They both had poor quality and chroma keying, which zeckensack attributes to my old video card. Jabo 1.6 worked well enough except for frequent downs. For now, I'll use Rice and hope someone here knows why full screen is much different than windowed. Thanks.
read the game thing at the help