What's new

Memory Pak/Rumble Pak Please read

ninmario4life

ok guys i had this great idea pop up in my head for the next realese of project64 and i think it would be awsome and help the gameplay experience if it can be implanted im willing to donate:bouncy: see under the options then the controller plugin... it has the button mappings for player 1-4,the name of what ever adapter you have pluged in or game controller and under that it says controller is plug in with a check box.beside that you can click the arrow thingy and it has the option of none,controller pak or rumble pak.now i have a couple of official n64 controllers for the true n64 controller exprenience and a couple official rumble paks plugged in the controller.now of course i dont have any memory paks that is what the hard drive is for lol but what im talking about here is regarding the n64 games that support rumble and or the memory pak,i would like to beable to hit a key on the keyboard to switch to the rumble pak or memory pak and have a message pop up on the screen saying rumble pak or memory pak so you know what you switched 2(i saw the screenshot for the blue box thing for the save states and it looks very nice so the same grapic look can be done for this i think also) so i dont have to pause my game when im in full screen then have to go to options and then controller plugin and then choose one of the 2 in that drop down box every time.i think it would be alot more convient and less annyoing to have a shortcut key for that.i hope you guys can implant this since it shouldent be that hard.keep up the great work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The N-Rage Input plugin already does what you are suggesting, and I'm sure Jabo is going to overhault the default DirectInput plugin for version 1.7.

OP
N

ninmario4life

can you give a link on where to get this N-Rage Input plugin so i can download it?also does anyone know the progress of 1.7?its hard waiting for it to be realesed but im hopeful the wait will be worth it and hope that most or hopefully all the n64 games will work and not haveany issues:drool:

Agozer

Please look in the Plugins forum for the 2.00 Beta or google it for the official 1.83.

Last edited:
OP
N

ninmario4life

ok i download the oficcial 1.83 and put it i the correct plugin folder for project 64.well i set up the short cut keys for the rumble pak,memery pak and the transfer pak but when i hit the key on the keyboard for the rumble pak when the game prompts me to insert it into the controller i get no rumble when im playing the game!

Agozer

Have you tried the 2.0 Beta? it fixes some of the problems that plague the official 1.83. Then again, I've had no problem with switching between, say, the Memory Pak and the Rumble Pak, and I still use version 1.83.

OP
N

ninmario4life

ok its good to hear that you dont have any problems with 1.83 so maybe you can tell me how you have yours setup and the proccess you do and what you hit on the keyboard to switch between them and hopefully that will fix my problem.oh yeah also is it important to have a shortcut key for the ''unplug the memory pak'' or is that not important and can i ignore that without it raising any problems for switching between the rumble pak and memory pak.also i just download NRage_DInput8_V2_2.00b,put it in the plugin folder,started up the emulater then as soon as i click options a error box pops up saying this aplliciation has failed to start because msvcr70.dll was not found so i click ok and other error box pops up and says it failed to load the plugin NRage_DInput8_V2_2.00.dll!now i didnt have these error boxs when i copyed the 1.83 dll to the plugin folder:angry: thanks.

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
You do not have to tell it to unplug the memory pak before switching to the rumble pak. Just assign a key to the "MemP <-> RumbleP" action and hit that key to toggle between the two whenever you like, fullscreen or window. Also, if you cheeck the box "Show Messages," it will tell you what has been plugged in.

As for MSVCR70.dll, Google is your friend!

MSVCR70.dll: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/download.php?msvcr70download0ULgR0YFkP

Put it in your C:\Windows\system32 folder. If the link is broken let me know.

OP
N

ninmario4life

ok thanks a bunch my problem is now fixed but now more have popped up grrrr.now i downloaded GlideHQ update 4 - Win32 and Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 Beta 10 - Win32.well i put the files in the plugin folder like normal,start up the emulater,go to options then bam error boxes again they tell me glide3x.dll was not found,falied to load glide64hq.dll,bmglib.dll was not found and failed to load ricevideo.dll!now i have all these .dll files in the plugin folder so i dont get it.

OP
N

ninmario4life

ok nevermind about the video plugins i fixed my issues,i put the files in the wrong folders lol.well now i have one problem remaining i hope i can get help with and it just popped up.well i have the adaptoid usb adapters for my n64 controllers and my rumble paks.well in nrages input plug v2 2.0b on the controller pak tab i select rumble pak,select my usb adapter for force feedback device and i click test rumble then boom the emulator crashes!if someone could help me to get my rumblr pak to work and not have the emulator crash i would greatly apriciate it.thanks

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Wow, you have the real, bona fide adaptoid? Impressive, I want one. :(

Anyway, the ForceFeedback crashing is odd, I've never had a problem with my GameCube adapter. However, the NRage 2.00b is still a Beta version, so bugs are to be expected. Try using the 2.00a version, it is the last stable release.

Also, be sure to post problems with that plugin in its thread in the Plugins forum.

Edit: whoops, 2.00b is the latest stable, try using that one or the 2.00a. My bad, 2.01 is the latest beta... So many betas.

Last edited: