What's new

flashing/strobing

Zekeman25

im not really sure how else to describe my problem other than the title. im playing shadows of the empire, and everything works great, except for one thing.. in the second stage, i noticed some flashing going on, so i figured i just had to change the video settings. i tried alot of varations of the settings.. and nothing got rid of the flashing.

any comments/tips/pointing out obvious things that i overlooked would be most helpful. thank you.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Shadows of the Empire has flickering problems with Jabo's video plugin. You'll note that in the ROM browser, under "Notes (Default Plugins)" it says "[Video] Flicker," to alert you to that sort of thing. Solutions? Either try a few other video plugins, or use Doomulation's suggestion, because no settings that I know of will stop the flickering (on Jabo's plugin).

OP
Z

Zekeman25

i took doom's advice and looked up that guide. the video problem is solved now =)

now onto the sound...

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
im not really sure how else to describe my problem other than the title. im playing shadows of the empire, and everything works great, except for one thing.. in the second stage, i noticed some flashing going on, so i figured i just had to change the video settings. i tried alot of varations of the settings.. and nothing got rid of the flashing.

any comments/tips/pointing out obvious things that i overlooked would be most helpful. thank you.

There was a way of stopping this, it involved changing the screens refresh rate (from the options in the emulator)

Post up your save for me and il get the correct settings and post back.