What's new

Problem with Mystical Ninja

Chronus Valtiel

Hello, everyone.
I'm in desperate need of assistance: my Mystical Ninja ROM lags horribly when the camera turns and I have NO CLUE WHY!
My computer more than fits the system requirements.

Please help me. This is one of my favorite games and any help in the matter would be very much appreciated.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Use 1964 with Rice's plugin 5.2 or greater (might have been fixed in an earlier version, but I know 5.2 works)

I love the game and it's nice being able to play it.

OP
C

Chronus Valtiel

Sorry for being a post ho, but I have another small problem:
Now this one I can adapt to, but...

ProblemA.jpg

ProblemB.jpg

It seems that the tops of images like these mirror themselves on the bottom. The map, for example is always perfectly symmetrical between the northern and southern halves, making it a bit harder to navigate.
And the money system's completely erratic.

There's probably no way to fix this, yet, and I'm willing to accept that, but if there IS a way to fix it, I would be eternally grateful.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
You could try Rice Video 6.1.1 beta10 (Rice's Daedalus is kinda old) or even the latest Mudlord's Rice Video build. If you still get the same problems, then you need to tweak with the options, I used to have this problem with some plugin, but I don't remember what I did :p

OP
C

Chronus Valtiel

Thanks.
At least I know now that the problem is solvable.
I'll post again if I find a solution, for those who have the same problem :)

Clements

Enable the Accurate Texture Size Calculation option in the current game options in Rice's Video to fix the HUD and map problem.

OP
C

Chronus Valtiel

Thanks, guys. The plugins and texture size option change helped immensely.
You've given a poor noob like me joy again :)