What's new

Used Unlimited Badge Cheat in Paper Mario Now Crashes With Leveling Up

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you got a native save with cheats disabled, then maybe. Otherwise I don't think so.

Cheats can mess up a game pretty badly. You learned the hard way, it seems.

OP
T

thomasca

If you got a native save with cheats disabled, then maybe. Otherwise I don't think so.

Cheats can mess up a game pretty badly. You learned the hard way, it seems.

Oh come on. If an action replay code can give you 173 badges, then it can give you 30 as well.

OP
T

thomasca

Nevermind, found the solution.

And I'll share it here (since the PJ64 crew doesn't seem to realize that disaterous effects with a gameshark code can be reversed by restoring the original value with the same code. Haven't you guys ever experimented with a gameshark before?):

Basically, this code:

8010F298 007F

Gives you 127 Badge points. Why 127 though? Because of the last four numbers.

007f or just 7f is 127 is hexadecimal.

If you run into a crash when leveling up, that's because you're not suppose to have more then 30 badge points. It confuses the game. So, to fix the error, just replace 7f with the hexadecimal value of 30

Which is 1E.

Seriously though, with as much that can go wrong with gamesharks, why doesn't PJ64 have gameshark codes in them that restore a normal value to something modified? I'm going to add this to my cheat list on PJ64 under Codes to use if something crashes -> Restore normal value of badges

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I believe the game crashes or freezes when you have 127 BP and gets a level. Lower it to 126 or lower and it will work fine. This is what I remember on the top of my head.