What's new

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Models/Textures Question

sweetcoolfun

Hello, I noticed recently that for the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, some people managed to rip the 3D models from the game and they can be opened with 3D Studio Max or a similar modeling program.

This got me to thinking, has anyone ever been able to rip models and/or textures from Ocarina of Time for the N64? It is my favorite Zelda game and it'd be super cool to take a Link model and animate him around a mock up of Hyrule.

I'm guessing this has been done to some degree, at the end of this fan made video they have the moon from Majora's Mask:

(contains Twilight Princess Spoilers)

If anyone has any more information on this subject, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Datadayne

This got me to thinking, has anyone ever been able to rip models and/or textures from Ocarina of Time for the N64?

Ahh, textures can be done. Search Highresolution texture projects. For models, I think nemu64 (not sure).

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Use Nemu 64. you extract the scenes raw from the game.

The problem with this is that that means your models will be in some form of a pose, or most likely not directly aligned with the coordinate system when you extract them.

OP
S

sweetcoolfun

Thank you very much Datadayne and UnaidedCoder. I looked into some existing threads and I will see about giving Nemu 64 a shot (I've never used it before). Thank you much for your time.

If anyone else has any other words of wisdom for me don't hesitate to let me know :)