What's new

no$gba 2.4c released!

spotanjo3

This is Nintendo DS Emulator for Windows

01 July 2007 - version 2.4c
- web: updated magicflr.zip (with NDS and e-Reader source) (additionally to GBA)
- web: uploaded hotmail.htm (hotmail is deleting ALL emails that I am sending)
- web: updated ereader.zip package (using new bmp/raw/bin/ori/plus directives)
- ereader/a22i/japan: uses 8bit/16bit charset depending on invalid 8bit chars
- ereader/help: notes on non-vpk mode, and on z80-wait-opcodes, 5bit-card types
- ereader/a22i/jap/ori: inserts dummy-sub-titles, and z80-stub to start gba-code
- ereader/a22i: .ereader_create_bmp/raw/bin .ereader_japan_ori/plus directives
- debug: supports vert_splitter for code/stack sizing (instead outer-edges only)
- ereader/loader: supports multi/single .raw/.bin files (auto-converted to bmp)
- no$fmw: fixed dtcm/pal/oam zerofill init (memory wasn't mapped/enabled there)
- gui: added OFN_ENABLESIZING to all filemenues (win98 and up; ignored by win95)
- ereader/a22i: also creates RAW dotcode (multi-strip) (all strips in 1 file)
- debug: adjusts small-gamescreen size in nds-mode (256x192 instead of 240x160)
- bios-clone: 80x86-mode redirects nds-callback/gba-sound to rom-image (if any)
- gui: defaults .hlp window-width to correct 80 columns (not more, not less)

Site @ http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Nds games are not improvement yet. It is familiar to 2.4b but some other are improvement and some speed improvement so for the games to improvement should be in 2.5 someday. :)

Bluesummers

You think he'd change the name from no$gba to something else, considering how it's not just a gba emulator anymore.

lol......that name would be redundant. :p And besides, it can't be named that for 3 reasons. One, it sounds odd. Two, Nintendo is copyrighted. And three, it doesn't support the Game Boy Color. ;)

But No$DS would sound pretty cool. :)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Does this need the NDS bios still? :p

No, what you can do is: change GBABIOS to START CARTRIDGE DIRECTLY then go to OPTIONS and click SAVE OPTION and go to FILE AND CLICK RESET CARTRIDGE and you will run the game without the need NDS bios... See below

4y8jozk.jpg

staryuizalegend

First post!!!!!!!!

Hey guys i downloaded 2.4c and it wont work on pokemon diamond iv got:

both bios
patch engine
ds-firmware.bin
no$gba.inp
renamed no$gba.inp (firmware)
pokemon diamond (patched)
pokemon pearl (not patched)

When i delete renamed firmware it works but the screen goes black at start

With renamed firmware I get a communication error

Sorry for the long first post lol

oh and my settings: unlimeted 10%, start cartridge directly, 24 bit true colour, multiboot none, backup 512k, solar - darkness, sound digital mono, high 44khz

Ody

No$gba v2.3c works with the unpatched rom. If you patched it, it won't run. Once you get the unpatched rom, delete the firmware and No$gba.imp in your folder (the renaming worked only for earlier versions of No$gba on Japanese roms).

In short, you should have:
- UNPATCHED rom
- NO$GBA.EXE
- 2 bios files (16 KB and 4 KB), optional.
- original FIRMWARE.BIN, NOT the renamed firmware (it is 256KB not 2 KB). If you don't have it, then ignore it, it is not necessary to run Pokemon DP (especially don't rename NO$GBA.IMP to FIRMWARE.BIN).

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

You can disabled gbabios and change it to Start Cartridge Directly and it will work fine on pokemon DP without firmware.

Ody

On a side note, you can still play the patched rom with No$gba v2.3a. In terms of emulation quality (for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl only), there is almost no difference between these versions. And similarly, don't rename anything, either get rid of the firmware or have the original one.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

On a side note, you can still play the patched rom with No$gba v2.3a. In terms of emulation quality (for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl only), there is almost no difference between these versions. And similarly, don't rename anything, either get rid of the firmware or have the original one.

Why do you still play the patched roms ? no$gba 2.3a resolved this problem and I am able to save it with my 2.4c version with clean rom and no patched.