What's new

Checkered Menu in Paper Mario?

Tainted Eon

Hmmm I see a big checkered background when I press start and visit my menu...what's a fix for it?

Oh and I get minor background flashes in game and some problems with screen transition, like to a different place/battle.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Glide64 with Mupen64 is your best bet for that, tho Jabo might have this issue fixed in the beta, haven't checked yet.

OP
T

Tainted Eon

Glide64 when installed and the DLL is put in my plugins folder, it says that it failed to find it/initialize, when I know it's there... >.>;

I don't know what the issue is now...

OP
T

Tainted Eon

Oh...that's strange you'd think it'd go in the plugins.

Alright...so I re downloaded Glide64 Wonder ++ and it didn't do anything when I put the DLL in the Project64 folder...>.> What is going on now?

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Ever tried to read 'readme.txt" included into glide64 distributive? Reading of such documents often helps...

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Oh...that's strange you'd think it'd go in the plugins.

Alright...so I re downloaded Glide64 Wonder ++ and it didn't do anything when I put the DLL in the Project64 folder...>.> What is going on now?

its because the Application calls the dll file, and not the plugin.

Litterbox

I did as mudlord suggested. I went with Mupen64 and am using the Glide64 Wonder++, and things seem to be working well.

However, whenever I go to the menu, it takes about 10 seconds for the menu to appear. Is this "normal", or can I do something to maybe speed this along?

Sorry to high-jack the thread, but it seemed like they might as well go in the same topic.

Legend

It takes me about 4 seconds to open. It's damn annoying and I still think its a bug with something (plugin, emulator, something).

Can anyone who actually owned the game respond with how long the real thing took to open the pause menu?

Litterbox

I've never tried OoT via emulator, actually. So, I couldn't answer that question, I'm afraid.

Basically I press start and this happens:

The "menu-open" sound effect plays.
On screen animation pauses. Obviously a sign of loading
Music continues playing in the background.
A few seconds go by (anywhere from 3-8 I'd say)
Menu appears
Kinda laggy for a second, maybe a bit of music stutter, then every thing's fine.

This is by no means a big issue. The game is still (so far) entirely playable, and looks and runs great during just about everything else. Just something I was curious about.