What's new

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (graphic problems)

majinvegeta2

Hi,
I wanted to record a m64 Movie of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but now I can't do it.
Every Plugin has Graphic Errors.
I tried:
-Mudlords Rice Plugin (white flame coronas and "ground of the flying boots" is white)
-Jabo's 3D8, it has a lot more errors:

-Jabo's 3D6 (not so much errors, like in 3d8, but still a few (titlescreen))
-Glide Wonder++ (the most graphic errors [a lot of the textures are white])

My PC: Intel Celeron 1,7GhZ, 512 MB RAM, nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000
So, isn't there ANY possibility to record the video without errors?
I know I have a very bad graphic card, but all the plugins have errors, that others dont have. So, it seems like the graphic card supports all of them.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
i go out if you can afford it and get an ATI 9800 or better and see if that is the problem because that card is old

OP
M

majinvegeta2

Oh, thx for the thread.
I have tried to use Gln64, all works perfectly, only one error.
This "thing" sometimes appears on the top of the screen.

Is there a possibility to fix it? Then I wouldnt need install old drivers...

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Glide Wonder++ (the most graphic errors [a lot of the textures are white])

The wrapper is very intensive on GLSL shaders, so a card with pixel shader support is pretty much mandatory if you want accurate emulation.

OP
M

majinvegeta2

Before my reinstall of Windows Glide Wonder++ was the best plugin for Zelda: OOT.
But now all is white...
However, Gln64 is better for my graphic card, but I must solve somehow the problem i mentioned.

But, which graphic card is good for N64 emulation? I cant give away a lot of money, maybe 30-40$... (I bought my nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 for ~14$)

mudlord

Banned
Drivers could be a culprit.

A decent card for N64 emulation can be just a Geforce FX5200, but however, the card is useless if you want to get into serious PC gaming (due to its performance with Shader Model 2.0 pixel shaders)...

OP
M

majinvegeta2

Jes, Drivers, but its only this little error...
I dont think installing an old driver is good for gaming, only for N64-emulation.

And this graphic card isnt very expensive like I see.
I wanna hear a bit more suggestins and maybe i will buy this one.
I dont want serious PC gaming. I used my old 32 MB card until it didnt work for GTA San Andreas. Then I bought a nVidia GeForce4 card, because GTA recommended it.
But I never thought that MX is that bad.
Is there any website where I can compare or view the features of graphic cards?

OP
M

majinvegeta2

So the newest 50's?
It's 57.30

EDIT: Oh, its 64bit, then 56.72

EDIT2: OK, I have installed 56.72.
Jabos 3D6 still have errors, but 3D8 now works perfectly!

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
theres a rumour that the Detonator drivers uses the cpu to render pixel shaders on non pixel shader capable cards.

im not sure on that but they do something the new ones don't

OP
M

majinvegeta2

So, and which graphic card would you recommend me?
Like I said, not too expensive.
Is the FX5200 good, like mudlord said?

Clements

It will do the job for N64 emulation and enable you to use all the plugins without errors. Don't expect much more than that, though.

OP
M

majinvegeta2

I only want find a graphic card that "do the job" and isnt expensive.
So, for THIS 2 things its the best choise, right?
I dont want to buy a graphic card more and then it doesnt work well.
Will the FX5200 work well for normal games? World of Warcraft or GTA San Andreas (games that arent very new).

EDIT: A ATi Radeon X800 GTO seems not to be very expensive too and is quite good on a graphic-card-compare-site. Is this one good for emulation?

Last edited:

the master 123

it should work. In emulator though both card will work fine however according to my research for computer game the ati radeon x800 would be good choice due to more vitxual and pixel shader units.

mudlord

Banned
the ati radeon x800 would be good choice due to more vitxual and pixel shader units.

Indeed, its a much better choice for general gaming than the FX5200, which has large problems with full precision Shader Model 2.0 pixel shaders (a excellent example is the HL2 fiasco with these cards....)

OP
M

majinvegeta2

OK, if everybody has nothing against that card I will buy that one. Thanks for your help!

Still a few errors left after the driver downgrade.
3D6: Menu-Errors
3D6: Very little error, but if a fire-monster has attacked you, then the fire is white.

But with the new graphic card all should work fine I think.

So i say it twice: THX!^^