What's new

Paper Mario troubles

korbaton

I absolutely love Project64, but I can't seem to get Paper Mario to run correctly. :(

I'm at the beginning of the fourth chapter, and when I ask the whale to take me to Lavalava Island, or whatever it is, the game freezes, and all I see and hear is a white screen and seagulls crying.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it?

AnimeOwnsAll

Hey I figured out how to get past this.
I had the exact same problem and tried everything for like 3 hours...
searched and searched..didn't look like anyone ever got it solved.. :(
So I gave up searching and just fiddled with it..and BAM!
This is bumping an old topic but I will post anyway as it is useful information regarding the 1 of the jillions of Paper Mario problems out there.
Anyways-first you need to turn on your Advanced Settings.

Open up Project 64 and go on the top, hit "options", scroll down to "settings...", then hit the "options" tab in the window that pops up, and uncheck the box that says "Hide Advanced Settings" and hit OK.

Now open up Paper Mario, and go to options-->settings again.
And now hit the tab named "Rom Settings"
Then next to where it says Self-modifying code method: change it to "Check Memory Advance" and hit OK.

And it fixed it! I have no clue how but I don't care. There was a similiar solution to the twink and peach cutscene, so I figured I'd mess with that..
and you might want to set the self-modifying code back to what it was on when you get to lavalava island--just in case.

EDIT FEB.29: I was fixing this problem on my brothers computer and it wasn't working, I figured out I had to completely close the PJ64 and bring it back up for the adjusted settings to take effect.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yes, Core issues and incorrect core settings will not be fixed by replacing with glide64, or any other graphics plugin

STOP SUGGESTING NEW PLUGINS UNTIL YOU GET A CLUE OF WHAT THE ENTIRE PROBLEM IS.

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Try Mudlord Rice Video Runs Ok Glide Is Better But Mudlords Runs Faster.

Image Also No Flickering.

2004876992505840483_rs.jpg

ALil'Hope

Try Mudlord Rice Video Runs Ok Glide Is Better But Mudlords Runs Faster.

Image Also No Flickering.

2004876992505840483_rs.jpg

Hi I just joined and may I ask how you made your Paper Mario look like that? It's incredible. Like mario and his partner. Is it a plugin? If so can I have the settings or w/e.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
They're called high resolution textures. Check the section in the 1964 forum to find out more.

saddface

Well, I own the original one (like on my real N64) and it's fun. I know that doesn't help, but I just wanted to brag!