What's new

is jabos 1.3 video plugin better than 1.4?

petronius79

I heard in the1964 forums that v1.3 is better than v1.4. I could confirm this only in WWF No Mercy where the menus appeared with v1.3 but not with 1.4.

Does anyone know any other advantage v1.3 over v1.4?

Allnatural

For a handful of games the 1.3 plugin is better, i.e. SSB. Overall however, I would still recommend v1.4. Not to mention that some games require the newer plugin.

B

Blade64

1.4 is the superior plugin as it supports rares games - JFG, Mickeys Speedway, DKR etc. I believe in the notes section of the RDB it is specified to use the 1.3 plugin on certain games so have both and experiment!!!

Parn

Knight of Lodoss
1.3 doesn't give the best graphics for my Mario Party 1, but the game runs fine.

1.4 provides me with the best graphics I have ever seen on a N64 emulator, but it makes my Mario Party 1 crash when the mini game(3vs1 hammering Bowser) in Koopa's event begins.

Mario Party is my favourite N64 game, but I cannot stand the bad graphics in 2vs2 games when using 1.3 and crashes when using 1.4. What should I do? :(

crazytopp

Well u dont get the menus in the shoping mall in WWF no mercy but when using 1.4 u get better speed of pj64 and better graphicks in the fights

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'd say, go for 1.4 when you can and only switch to 1.3 when needed. One example for these is the mario party-series which seem to crash with the news ones.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pretty stupid question really, yes obviously 1.4 is "better" than 1.3 except in unusual circumstances, which is true of any development of any software (and everything really).

The better one is whichever you think works better for you.

Marcus Paladin

what?

Hey all, i don't post often here because i don't want to bother the emu public too much with the large amount of WWF No Mercy questions so I ducked out of the forum to avoid becoming my worst nightmare "a nuisance" since the black menu issue in the game seemed to be something you just have to deal with I just went on my merry way coming back here and there to check out what's going on with other game bugs n' remedies... now i read from petronius79's post that the menu problem is solved with jabo's v.1.3 video plug-in.....is this true and is that the only tweaking you have to do???

Thanx a million,
Marcus

:pj64:

OP
P

petronius79

Smiff said:
pretty stupid question really, yes obviously 1.4 is "better" than 1.3 except in unusual circumstances, which is true of any development of any software (and everything really).

The better one is whichever you think works better for you.

I know the question is stupid if you know more detailed things about the plug-ins, but I remember the author of 1964
said that version 1.3 was better than 1.4

I just wanted to see if there existed such a huge difference between the two versions

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: what?

Marcus Paladin said:
Hey all, i don't post often here because i don't want to bother the emu public too much with the large amount of WWF No Mercy questions so I ducked out of the forum to avoid becoming my worst nightmare "a nuisance" since the black menu issue in the game seemed to be something you just have to deal with I just went on my merry way coming back here and there to check out what's going on with other game bugs n' remedies... now i read from petronius79's post that the menu problem is solved with jabo's v.1.3 video plug-in.....is this true and is that the only tweaking you have to do???

Thanx a million,
Marcus

:pj64:
Just test!

Slougi

petronius79 said:

I know the question is stupid if you know more detailed things about the plug-ins, but I remember the author of 1964
said that version 1.3 was better than 1.4

I just wanted to see if there existed such a huge difference between the two versions
I am pretty sure nor Schibo or Rice have said so, at least on this board.