What's new

Pocketstation

Exophase

Emulator Developer
So, as many of you are probably already aware, Pocketstation is a very simple but very undocumented platform. I recently made a presentation to a class of my attempts to reverse engineer and document it, while emulating it. I still have a ways to go, but here's the documentation I have so far:

http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/ps_info.txt

If anyone wants my emulator let me know. It can play at least some of the demos at correct speed (roughly). I haven't tested much.

peoman

I would like to test your emulator :bouncy:
You can upload it somewhere so anyone can give it a try.

Cyberman

There were several pocket station add on games. A suggestion for your region list, how it is currently done is quite confusing. I recomend using double word sized hex numbers as these map to regions of memory directly. It's less confusing and that's always good for me. :)

Atmel made the processor for the pocket station I believe, you might see if you can email them asking if they could possibly provide information if it was a custom processor or not. I suspect Sony made them NDA it's layout but if you find out if it was custom or not may make your job a HECK of a lot easier. IE if it wasn't custom then you know more of what is going on.

Did the pocket station have a functional IRDA channel on it?
If you have an old playstation, FF8 and a pocketstation you can scope how it works with that.

Cyb