What's new

gameshark version

blzrd

The cheat section of PJ64 I assume is based off of some game shark version. What version might this be? is it higher than 3.0?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
i think it's v3.3
but i may be wrong

You are not wrong :)

The Cheat System is a Gameshark/Action Replay 3.3 Composit.

To see what code formats are compat blzrd: Please see Project64 User Manual and Cheat Help/Cheats FAQ/Supported Codes

OP
B

blzrd

I have already read that guide and everything. I am trying to use some codes that I got on This website. Some of the world codes are not working for ssb. If you skip all the way to the bottom, you will see some of the questions I have asked there.

Gent

Administrator
Well 1st off those codes are for the U version of ssb i thought i would mention that incase anyone else tried it with a different region yadda yadda (I do hate codes being posted without correct labeling of region and version)

Anyway to answer your question:

Sometimes you will come across codes that will not work because of the way the real Hardware Gameshark/Action Replay rely on a Master Code to use codes as of PJ64 does not. (As Stated in the PJ64 User Manual)

So a Code might be slightly Different on the emulator then the Real N64 Console using a Cheat Device.

Also some cheats are made for the 8mb Expansion Mode where others are made for the default (No Expansion) of 4mb.

If you have a Cheat that requires the Expansion pak you would simple change the Memory Size from 4-8mb in the Memory Size Filed in Rom Settings.

Any way i have made the code Stage Select just now for you to try on PJ.

Super Smash Bros (U)

Story Mode\Player 1\Stage Select

D1045188 0010
800A4AE7 00??

00 Stage 1 (Vs Link)
01 Stage 2 (Vs Yoshi Team vs 18)
02 Stage 3 (Vs Fox McCloud)
03 Bonus Stage 1
04 Stage 4 (Freezes?)
05 Stage 5 (Vs Pikachu)
06 Stage 6 (Freezes?)
07 Bonus Stage 2
08 Stage 7 (Vs Kirby Team vs8)
09 Stage 8 (Vs Samus Aran)
0A Stage 9 (Vs Metal Mario)
0B Bonus Stage 3 (Race To The Finish)
0C Stage 10 (Fighting Polygon Team Vs30)
0D Final Stage (Vs Master Hand)

Note:

Press The R Button On Your Controller at the level Screen on Story Mode and you will go to whatever option you selected

As you can see some freeze but give it a go.

OP
B

blzrd

I couldn't get those to work. I don't know why. What am I doing wrong? I am so confused.:plain:

Gent

Administrator
I couldn't get those to work. I don't know why. What am I doing wrong? I am so confused.:plain:

Just Press The R Button On Your Controller at the level Screen on Story Mode and you will go to whatever option you selected