What's new

Mario Kart Monitor in action

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Eikef7 has made a video using jabo's new plugin showing off the monitor in Mario kart 64. This is great with no slow downs at all any more.

Have a look at it here: [video=google;704661296570556761]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=704661296570556761[/video]

gandalf

Member ready to help
Nice!! :)

what PC we need to run it fine? or it´s just like the TV in 1080 snowboarding?)

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

On this P4 2ghz, XP, X700 128mb AGP, I got over 90fps with the effect emulated. With limiter on I was averaging 25-30% idle with sound.

I'd imagine you'd have no trouble with it.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

Damn, and I thought Glide was nice.

Nice work. :D

Now what about the Peach-to-Bowser transition in the painting in SM64?

mudlord

Banned
Does it look better than Glide?

It looks the same quality wise, but the copying rate is much faster, like the scene is rendered to a texture in realtime, and not in intervals like the original N64 and Glide64...so, yeah, it does.

Miretank

Lurking
zilmar said:
Eikef7 has made a video using jabo's new plugin showing off the monitor in Mario kart 64. This is great with no slow downs at all any more.
Is the new video plugin LLE? :)
Trotter said:
On this P4 2ghz, XP, X700 128mb AGP, I got over 90fps with the effect emulated. With limiter on I was averaging 25-30% idle with sound.

I'd imagine you'd have no trouble with it.
That's a relief to me! :D

Miretank

Lurking
Ahh, that's why it is that faster. I was wondering how the LLE would generate all those frames in a P4 or something. :p

Thanks.

zaffle

i'm very tempted to donate now... i just need a controller so that i can actually play games rather than running around in perfect dark with a keyboard and mouse going "oooooh".