What's new

Bug in Space Station Silicon Valey

botukon2

I am playing in the ice levels and everytime I walk into certain places the animals as well as interactive machinery (elevatores, switches, ect.) disappear and that I can see are the shadows. i can still see the animals from far away, but once I get closer they disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch and by the way I am using 1964. I get even get this game to play on Prodject64 for some reason.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Space Station Silicon Valley does not work in Project64 because Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin does not support it. With the Glide64 plugin, the game works seemingly fine, though.

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
SSSV works on my old computer(see sig) with using jabos except all the 2D items like the power cells disappear and only appear on the border. I recommend Rice's video plugin more than Glide 64 because Glide seems to give me problems at the level select screen and the levels are all out of place.

OP
B

botukon2

I am using Rice's plugin. For some reson the animals and interactive machinery dissappear. Some other items vanish too. I think they are trees. The only think I can still see are the shadows. Anybody know what causes this?

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
Sounds like it could be your video card. Post your system specs here(or at least your video card) so we can properly identify the cause of the problem.

OP
B

botukon2

System: Intel Pentium 4 540 processor with HT technology (3.2GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Video Card: ATI Mobility RADEON X600 PCI Express/128MB VRAm

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
I really don't recognize that video card, looks old though. Everything except your video card is good, might wanna ask a professional though.

OP
B

botukon2

It might be the card then. Everything else works fine and other games i play can be fixed by using the prober plugins. Have no idea where to contact a profesional.

Clements

There shouldn't be an issue with that Mobility Radeon (it should fully support all available plugins as it has decent PS2.0 support), however, make sure you are using the latest Mobility Catalysts:

http://ati.amd.com/online/mobilecatalyst/

No guarantees that it will make everything better, this game is known to have problems in various video plugins.