What's new

Shenmue trouble. again

KillPhil

I loaded:
"Shenmue 4 CDs [Includes passport disc] Nothing ripped!! By Kalisto - By Xena xxxxxxxxxxx"
from bittorrent (1.6 Gb)! After that i installed Chankast_alpha_25.exe and mounted the image called: "KAL-SMU1.CDI" with alcohol 120%.
In the workstation, it's shown as an audio cd.
Then i started chankast and configuered the same drive as alc and changed the controls. also put bios file in chankast folder
After I press Run and Start, the dreamcast logo appears and i have to set the date. After pressing the a button i have to set the date again and after that, I'm in the BIOS menu
Now I press "Play" and the whole s#$% :angry: starts again (set date twice then bios menu).
I read nearly every entry in thie archive and tried everything (daemon tools 3.29 and the newest version, older chancast versions and mounting the other shenmue cds) it's everytime the same
I have Win Xp and my pc meets the requirements, so there should be no problem with the Cdrom Plugins (I tried aspi interface anyway).
Its the first dc rom i got and i really looked forward to this highly rated game so PLEEAASE help me.
PS: sorry for bad englisch

Last edited:
OP
K

KillPhil

yeah, ok. I got a whole package with chankast, Dreamcast Utopia Boot CD ( don't know what's that for) and a new dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin, but when i mount one of the 4 images (with daemon 3.29) and start chankast the dreamcast logo appears and then... my system crashes (with some blue screen) and my pc restarts!
so i tried to mount it with daemon 4.08 and alcohol and i got an io control error.
but its good that i don't have to set the date anymore.
so please help me (i don't give up that easy)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
you get the io control error with daemon tools 3.29? o_O
I guess his system gets the BSOD again. Which usually means that the virtual CD driver has failed. The DT forums can probably help more than we can.

Gulah

Also have the same problem

That link is in german (I think), can you translat it to me, or tell me what's the main thing about it?
Thanks in advance for your time