What's new

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I need to know how I can not lag with ssb64!!

nuro

For some odd reason I lag while I play ssb64 but not lag on games like zelda oot/mm...

I will explain what happens.. I don't lag that bad when i'm playing 1v1 games. But when there is 3 people in one game lag starts to occur big time. My fps for 1v1 is usually around 58-60. When I play a 4 player game the fps goes down to 40-50. Also certain levels dont lag as much as others; DK64 is not as laggy as Hyrule Temple.

Yes, I play online but my connection is very good and i'm sure that is not what is causing my lag. My lag is computer lag, which is kind of strange considering my PC can handle games that are a lot more graphically appeling than ssb64.

I thought maybe my settings were wrong, I tried turning them down a bit. I pretty much unchecked everything and tested with all types of settings to see which one would make my fps 60 while i played in a 4p game. Unfortunatly, every setting I put on was laggy. I also put PJ64k's performance on high, as well as ran the window in 320x280. Lag still occurs when I play in 4p games.

My computer specs aren't to great, but they usually are enough to play most games(almost all PJ64 games other than smash dont lag)

My specs are:
1000MHZ
Pent III (3)
256mb ram (I think my problem could be this? But whenever I put prioity on high nothing changes so maybe it isnt...)
GeForce FX 5200 (I am pretty certain that upgrading will stop the problems since this is the only thing that I can imagine other than ram being my problem)

If I have to upgrade my PC then I want to be pretty sure about what the problem actually is. I am unemployed and don't have to much money to spend. If there is someone who knows how to solve my problem without upgrading my PC please share your info!

Don't be afraid to ask me any Questions.:emutalk: :pj64: :n64: :satisfied

Clements

I am assuming that having 4 players does push the requirements up (it often does in other games), and in your case, your CPU is fine for 2 players but for 4 you get a small dip in the frame rate.

The graphics card is not the problem (it is at the recommended requirements and not the bottleneck here), and having 256MB of RAM is workable for most games in PJ64. The CPU almost certainly the root of the problem. It is possible to play 4 players at fullspeed in PJ64 if you have a good enough system.

Probably the most effective solution without spending money is to use another emulator with faster core emulation (1964), but you could also try using HLE audio plugins, closing down any unneeded background services, update drivers and so on.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
increasing the PJ64 priority, in taskmanager to Above Normal, or High, may also help. you might get some controller lag then though.

OP
N

nuro

I am assuming that having 4 players does push the requirements up (it often does in other games), and in your case, your CPU is fine for 2 players but for 4 you get a small dip in the frame rate.

The graphics card is not the problem (it is at the recommended requirements and not the bottleneck here), and having 256MB of RAM is workable for most games in PJ64. The CPU almost certainly the root of the problem. It is possible to play 4 players at fullspeed in PJ64 if you have a good enough system.

Probably the most effective solution without spending money is to use another emulator with faster core emulation (1964), but you could also try using HLE audio plugins, closing down any unneeded background services, update drivers and so on.
I have to use pj64k so that I can play online with other people so switching to 1964 isn't an answer for me. I guess I will have to get a better CPU? Are you sure the CPU is the problem? What exactly can I do to increase the CPU? Do I have to buy a whole new mother board or is it possible to just add in a stick or something?

increasing the PJ64 priority, in taskmanager to Above Normal, or High, may also help. you might get some controller lag then though.
I did this already it didn't help. I said I put priority on high...