What's new

DS Emulation - Overall Compatibility Stats

RubeusHagrid

The DS Compatibility Databases (in operation since the first games became playable) have again been updated for the latest emulator versions

The databases can be used to quickly find out which emulator is the best for the game you want to play (if it is playable), the right emulator settings (such as the save types), what known problems the game has (if any), sometimes tips to get you past problems (such as an invisible platform in one game) and more

Combining information from the databases, I've calculated the overall compatibility for DS emulation - while the databases offers a range of playability rankings, I've combined these into just three groups for simplicity

42% of games are currently considered playable (some have been proven to be fully playable) - a few of these are likely to be downgraded to partially playable as the result of further testing

10% are partially playable (some of the game can be played but it can't be completed) - for fairness, I've also included games with a low playability ranking into this group

48% are not yet playable (missing graphics, etc makes the game unplayable)

* these stats are based on the 250+ english games

* "fully playable" means that someone has completed the game - I've often see this term bandied about by those who have only played some of the first level without problem (even though the databases report some of these games as becoming unplayable later in the game)

OP
R

RubeusHagrid

The databases refer to the latest versions of No$GBA and DeSmuME

There was one for iDeaS but this has been discontinued (although the testers have been through all the games with iDeaS 1.0.0.9 to see whether it could play anything the others couldn't)

If anyone would like to contribute to the databases (by playing games, reporting problems, etc), pm me for details

Update : the databases have just downgraded one game to partially playable (missing graphics later in the game) while another has been upgraded to fully playable (the game has been completed)