What's new

Question for Zilmar

WhiteTigerX7

Not to poke or get flamed but will there be any updates or patches to 1.6 like the patch that came to 1.5 with 1.5.1 since 1.7 is quite a ways off?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the 1.5 patch was an RDB, and Direct3D 6 update mostly... theres not much reason at this time to release a update to 1.6.. although, maybe jabo could whip up a Direct3D8 1.6.1 plugin what fixes the white rectangle issue in LoZ on newer cards

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there was a slight continuation of 1.6 which.. i still use on my htpc (havent go round to updating yet), it wasnt much, just fixed the rumble and a few other small things. but its looking very unlikely itll be released sorry and it hasnt been touched for years either. all members are using 1.7x anyway which is much more interesting :) what is it you want fixed? honestly you're better off getting involved with 1.7 since there isn't time to manage both and that's where all the attention is, and 100 different people will say they want 100 different small things fixed in 1.6x its likely to be a headache and what time there is needs to go toward getting 1.7 done. we don't have time to be porting things between different codebases etc (1.7 is very different to 1.6, underneath).

edit: the main reason for not wanting to do a bug fix release is zilmar and jabo are happy that the 1.6 release (which i wasn't involved in heh) was overall solid (apart from the rumble thing really). although it looks dated to me now (when you're used to the current builds) we think it did everything it should have for the time..

edit2: i need to cut down on brackets :eek:

Last edited: