What's new

Strange Texture Issue

Shoal

Hi all. Gots me another question, this time about something that afflicts me in both 1.6 and 1.7 using either Jabo video plugin. Just for starters, my specs:

Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4 - 3.4 GHz
eVGA nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256
2 GB RAM

So here's the problem: whenever the camera gets so close to a wall that the two are touching, the wall "vanishes", and I can see completely through it and any other walls with no texture on the side facing me. I first noticed the problem in Turok 1, but soon found that it hit every game where I could get the camera do do that.

Is this a video driver issue? The games run just fine otherwise. I'll admit that I don't have the latest drivers installed on my machine, but for good reason: the latest drivers (even straight from nVidia) do mean things to my PC, like cause it to randomly reboot! Plus, it makes my video card less compatible with some older games (unfortunately, games I like). I don't have the default drivers installed, but I've installed the latest drivers I can before trouble starts, which is in the version 84's I think.

Here's an image from Turok showing the issue (and no, enabling legacy pipeline doesn't help):

Turok.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Clements

Ya, I would say roll back to older drivers. Probably might want to try some 8x.xx drivers first as they seem to work best for me.

Also from your screenshot, you may need to enable the Legacy Pixel Pipeline in Jabo's settings to fix the wall and ground textures, as it is supposed to look like this:

24775d1116535360-rdb-wip-download-improved-files-help-test-pj64-game-compatibility-please-turok1.jpg

OP
S

Shoal

As I said in my post, I using older drivers already (84's I think). I also said that enabling legacy pipeline doesn't help. It fixes textures, but not the disappearing issue.

I guess I'll try even older drivers.

Last edited:
OP
S

Shoal

I rolled back my drivers to the earliest 8X drivers I could could find: 81.85. It's a no-go, unfortunately; the issue still comes up. I don't really want to pull my drivers back any farther! :(

This is a real pain, as it makes many N64 games very uncomfortable to play.

OP
S

Shoal

I rolled back my drivers yet again to the earliest 7X version I could find (71.X). Still no luck. The latest drivers (93.X) don't work either. I have drivers from 4/14/05 installed... I really don't want to have to back further.