What's new

Different Problems With Video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emulation man

I have been having a few problems PJ64 and Jabo's3D8 plugin. One example is in Ridge Racer 64. After choosing Grand Prix or Quick Play, the two yellow lines in the center are suppose to move off screen to the right. However, the usually move to the right, and then get stuck there. It's like there is a wall blocking them from moving once the reach the right. Note that this doesn't happen with any other plugins I tried (Rice's, for example) or with a different emulator with the SAME plugin.

Also, playing game in fullscreen with PJ64 always seems to be a hassle. My FPS remains stable, but I get all these quick, jittery motions on the screen. To give you an image, it's like two different camera angles jumping from one to another in rapid succession.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

BTW, I have the most recent drivers, DirectX, etc.

Edit: I just found a solution to the first problem. If I'm in fullscreen, then go to the windowed size, then go back to full screen, everything stuck on the sides disappears. It also works vice-versa. I'm still up for any other suggestion to fix this, however.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

That doesn't fix anything about his problem, and if it did, then the Project64 team would've already had those options set via the RDB file.

That's just the way N64 emulation works: Some plugins can emulate things that others can't, but no plugin makes any plugin obsolete, except perhaps zilmar's Basic CFB if you're not a developer. You'll just have to try other graphics plugins to see which ones emulate which games best. (Hint, hint: Link in my sig.) The plugins that are worth trying for the majority of games are Rice's Video Plugin, Glide64 Wonder ++, Direct64, glN64, and Jabo's Direct3D 6 and 8.
what is your graphics card??
Also, haven't you ever seen a graphics issue with your N64 games before?? You act like the N64 is perfectly emulated, and every time someone posts a problem with N64 emulation, you always say, make sure you have the latest RDB, or ask them of their gfx card, as well as other things that have absolutely no relation to the issue. I mean, well, they do, but they're never the cause of the problem.

Last edited:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
that is rude of you to say you think you know everything i have never had a problem with games beside the normal stuff

Iconoclast

that is rude of you to say you think you know everything i have never had a problem with games beside the normal stuff
Where in my post did I say I know everything?;)

Besides the normal stuff? Like what? I'm sure, that if an user reported having the same problem, you'd say, Make sure you have the latest RDB.

Really, accusing me of saying I think I know everything when I didn't at all? Calling me rude when I really worded my post accurately towards you? Walking into the first thread you see on (can't say name of site has ROMs) and post "You guys are weird?" You're a troll, dude. Admit it.

Edit: And to add at that, you really fail at being one. The only thing about you that's ever angered me was the impression that you'd think I'd be too stupid to tell you are one.

Last edited:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
maybe you should look up the n64 hardware specs nintendo used a ATI graphics chip in the 64. so there fore i have the normal gliches

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
iconoclaust, while you do raise some good points, you are arrogant to the point of p1551ng me off, the problem the op stated, which, i btw, have been able to reproduce with other games such as Duke Nukem - Zero Hour (switching from window to full screen mode causes issues in the border)

can be fixed by enabling D3D clear mode, it also fixes problems with other games, such as the White box in pokemon stadium 2 (fixed in 1.7 apparently) the white lines in neon genesis (also fixed in 1.7 apparently) ranging all the way to textures not being solid properly (such as earth worm jim, the little round things can be seen through walls.. - also fixed in 1.7 i believe)

you can't come in here and claim that using different plugin will fix it, as in some cases, that different plugin, is even worse (i submit Majora's mask on rice video as example)

Iconoclast

iconoclaust, while you do raise some good points, you are arrogant to the point of p1551ng me off, the problem the op stated, which, i btw, have been able to reproduce with other games such as Duke Nukem - Zero Hour (switching from window to full screen mode causes issues in the border)

can be fixed by enabling D3D clear mode, it also fixes problems with other games, such as the White box in pokemon stadium 2 (fixed in 1.7 apparently) the white lines in neon genesis (also fixed in 1.7 apparently) ranging all the way to textures not being solid properly (such as earth worm jim, the little round things can be seen through walls.. - also fixed in 1.7 i believe)
Really, can you see ANYTHING in my post directed at you that showed ANY sign of arrogance? That's just really stupid of you. You just walk up to the first iconoclast you see and call him arrogant just because he proves you wrong? You're the one who's arrogant, because you can't stand having your flaws pointed out. So get used to it, because I have had my flaws pointed out millions of times before, so stop being an arrogant hypocrite and spamming threads like this with your nonsense.

Wow, you have several good points! All those things that the Direct3D Clear Mode option fixes! Guess what? This user isn't experiencing ANY of them. So quit giving irrelevant statements. D3D Clear Mode isn't going to fix any of that. He NEEDS to change his plugin.
you can't come in here and claim that using different plugin will fix it, as in some cases, that different plugin, is even worse (i submit Majora's mask on rice video as example)
So? Your point?? In some cases, plugins work worse. In others, third party plugins work better. He's not playing Majora's Mask, now is he? You just like telling people what they can and can't do, even when you can't admit that it's actually the solution to the problem. Haven't you ever seen a third-party plugin fix issues before?? And just fyi, Rice's can be configured to work pretty good with MM. Not as good as Glide64, but still pretty good.

Until you can test this user's problem out and see for yourself that D3D doesn't do jack to his problem, get the hell out of this thread, spammer....

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

no, actually Rice video cannot be configured to run wel with MM at all, i've tried, the ground and wall textures are incorrectly rendered.

btw, the issue the op has said he is getting, sounds EXACTLY like the issue with Duke nukem Zero hour, and D3D Clear mode fixed that.

anyhow, who cares.... its a new year and theres no point in arguing.

Iconoclast

no, actually Rice video cannot be configured to run wel with MM at all, i've tried, the ground and wall textures are incorrectly rendered.

btw, the issue the op has said he is getting, sounds EXACTLY like the issue with Duke nukem Zero hour, and D3D Clear mode fixed that.

anyhow, who cares.... its a new year and theres no point in arguing.
If you give up arguing, you give up teaching/learning.;) The suspicion that arguing is a bad thing is merely a stereotype and a confusion with war. Peace, however, is ignorance. When someone likes to argue, it could mean that they're arrogant. Then again, it could mean that they're willing to clear up something that is missing, a point that the opponent does not realize, and through simple cooperation, it can be done easily.

The ground and wall textures are just fine! Show me some comparison screenshots if you really think otherwise, because I'm not seeing a difference in them. The only inevitable issues in this game when using Rice's are the motion blur and frame buffer failures, unless you have a fast PC, and such issues are in common with Jabo's. There could be other minor notices that can't be fixed without cost, but it's not like the plugin screws the game right the hell up or anything. I've seen games that Rice's has done a much better job on screwing up on than just Zelda MM.

squall_leonhart

Go out into the termina field in front of the observatory, theres a patch of dark grass which makes up some kind of image

on Rice video the textures are the wrong size for some reason. and it looks like a giant clump of dark green grass

on jabos' plugin it works fine.

The mirror shield in rice video, shows the vertices of the image, making it look blocky, when on the n64 (and jabo's plugin) it is perfectly rounded and smooth.

another place is to look at the sword, the colours are off slightly on rice video, where they look fine on Jabo Dx8.

Iconoclast

Ah, yeah, you're right about all of those. I wonder of a Near Plane Z Hack would fix the vertices with the Ocarina of Time as well as the Mirror Shield...I honestly haven't done much in a while. I've spent a long time coming up with the most optimal configuration, and, in the end, I gave up. I realized, there's no point. The only reason Rice's Video Plugin should ever be used for this game is if you're trying to load or dump textures, or if you're experiementing or something like that.

I admit, I was aware of all of this. I guess what I should've said was, the game is still very playable. With the hi-res for MM, the plugin can still be considered worth trying.

squall_leonhart

indeed :p and once 1.7 is out and textures are being converted for it :D there won't be.

i feel sorry for all the people trying to 1.7 leak hahaha, a friend of mine obtained it (i called him an idiot for it lol) and Banjo Tooie kept crashing with a copy protection error rotflmao

Iconoclast

indeed :p and once 1.7 is out and textures are being converted for it :D there won't be.

i feel sorry for all the people trying to 1.7 leak hahaha, a friend of mine obtained it (i called him an idiot for it lol) and Banjo Tooie kept crashing with a copy protection error rotflmao
That was only because of the absence of a special file that comes with 1.6. The reason Banjo-Tooie gave you a copy protection error was because of a file that doesn't come with 1.7, not a piracy prevention. The same error will still occur with you legal 1.7 donators unless you have 1.6's PIF2.DAT file.

I also feel sorry for the people using the 1.7 crack, but for a different reason: The pathetic rumor that Project64 1.7 is going to wipe all of the other emulators obsolete. Not only do such users know nothing about emulator design and the truth that 1964, Mupen64 and Nemu64 make PJ64 obsolete (though vice versa is not true with any other 1 VS. 3 combination), but the whole stereotype in itself is just sad.

And even when Jabo's comes out with the option to deal with hi-res textures, Rice's Video Plugin will still be a better graphics plugin, overall. Just not for games like Zelda. For the majority of games, however, compared to Jabo's, Rice's does usually even better if not just as good. The only famous exception out there is the two Zelda N64 games.

squall_leonhart

the same transparency issue occurs on jabo's 1.5.2 and 1.6 that occurs on Rice Video (those little round things you pick up show through solid walls)

thats fixed in 1.7 from what my friend showed me in his screeny i really should kick his ass for being a haxxor :p

Iconoclast

the same transparency issue occurs on jabo's 1.5.2 and 1.6 that occurs on Rice Video (those little round things you pick up show through solid walls)

thats fixed in 1.7 from what my friend showed me in his screeny i really should kick his ass for being a haxxor :p
I don't know what game you're talking about, but it sounds like something Rice's can easily fix just as well as 1.7. Rice's Video Plugin only sucks until you configure it, which is really hard to do, since there's, like, 50 options on the Current Game Options tab. Once you've ran through them all to fix things, though, it will be worth the effort. If you were getting a transparency issue, completely uncheck Normal Blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.