What's new

Online Multiplayer?

Iconoclast

You know what an emulator is, right?

Well, there are three emulators, for the N64, that have a feature called NetPlay, which lets you play video games online with other people. They are Project64k, 1964, and Nemu64. Do you need to know where to download them?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, you can't. You need to use one of the emulators that Iconoclast mentioned.

Agozer

then what emulator do you suggest?
I'm the wrong person to ask that, since I don't netplay. I'd suggest trying all of them and then picking the ones you feel most comfortable with.

Most people seem to use 1964 and Project64K though.

Iconoclast

ok, well, for anyone who does know, please post the name or link on this thread
As I've already said, it depends on the game you're trying to play, but I will give you a general summary of each.

Project64k is the most commonly used NetPlay emulator, primarily because of the stereotype that Project64 is the best general emulator. Even so, you won't find many NetPlay users using anything else, so you should probably start out with this. Know where to download it?

1964 is, in general, the fastest NetPlay emulator, but it tends to sometimes be unstable.

Nemu64 takes up the most RAM and is a heavy yet unique emulator that some use.

Now, there isn't a 'best' N64 emulator. Unfortunately, you can't simplify things that way. Anyone who says Project64k is the best simplifies things too much.

OP
S

shadoninja

Nintendo God
lol, I just remembered that you had already listed them but you already corrected me, ok thanks for the help and yes, I know where to get them thanks :D

BlackRat

Just wondering ,dunno alot about codeing but is it possible to add directplay? because Kaillera is a nightmare.

Agozer

The Project64 team wasn't responsible for Project64K. People have been asking this for quite a while now, so maybe 1.7 has something in store for you netplay fans.