What's new

Namco Museum 64

Haisook

The ROM of this game is sucessfully emulated, but it just shows a black screen in PJ64.
I wonder what the working ROM settings for it are...?!

And is there a source for all ROM settings?

Thanks. :bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that your ROM is good and that you have the latest RDB update from the Project64 site.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
By "good", he is asking you to verify with GoodN64 that your rom is good. If it is good, it will end with an "[!]" or in some instances just a "(U)" or "(E)". If it is bad, it will end with a and likely a number to tell you which "bad dump" you ended up with, such as [b1] to tell you it's the first known bad dump.

Iconoclast

I'm tired of seeing users accuse the quality of the ROM image as the cause, when the problem is clearly the fact that he's using Project64, which, just for the record, is not the best N64 emulator. There isn't a best N64 emulator; they all support various games better than each other. Too dependant on excuses like 'GoodN64' and Project64 being the best....

The problem is more likely to be his gfx card, imo. But, for now, I'll say this: Try installing Mupen64 emulator and using that instead, and see how that plays the game. If it plays better, it was Project64. If it doesn't, it's most likely your gfx card/system specifications, which you should include, but it is also very rare for the problem to lie within the quality of the ROM dump or a bad download....

Tre

Oops. Died again.
While I will agree with you that each emulator can and will run games VERY differently (some better, some worse) and that it's VERY likely a users specifications, especially graphics cards, play a MAJOR role in whether a game will work, there are SOME instances in which a bad dump or an overdump will cause an unhandled opcode error. There's a reason a game is considered a "bad dump", and bad dumps do carry their own troubles that can play havoc on an emulator. I'm not saying a bad dump will always cause a problem like a crash, or errors... I've beaten games that were known bad dumps without seeing a single error... but there's always that 1 in 10 that will cause this to happen.