What's new

help please! zelda 2 - majora's mask

browja

hi guys. im new to this, but i need some help. i recently got lots of project64 ROM's from my friend, and most of them work. with zelda - majora's mask, however, there is a big problem. i press start and enter a profile, and then try start the game. from the profile screen however, it just goes to a black screen, and nothing happens. i have tried entering a profile in the second file box, but still it doesnt work! it just stays a black screen. i tried leaving it for a while, but that didnt help either. its really annoying me, so if any of u could help me, i would appreciate it. thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There is no Zelda 2 for the N64, it's just Majora's Mask. Zelda II was on the NES.

Computer specs please. Also make sure that you are using a good ROM.

OP
B

browja

im sorry. my mistake. im using a project 64 ROM. here are my computer specs:

Computer System: Dell Dimension 2400
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 512 MB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Emulator: project 64 version 1.5

hope this helps.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Is there a reason why you are not using Project64 1.6?

Roms are not specific to one N64 emulator. The same rom can be used in any other Nintendo 64 emulator as well. Therefore saying that you use a "Project64 rom" means nothing, nor does it say anything about the rom being good (properly dumped and not hacked or trained, etc.). If you are unsure whether your rom is good, you need to scan it with GoodN64.

I suggest switching to 1.6 and then using Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin that comes bundled with the emulator (Project64 1.6 defaults to Jabo's Direct3D8 graphics plugin, but that won't work properly with your integrated Intel chip).

Last edited: