What's new

Joystick Help!

StarKits

Sister of StarFox~
I have a(n) GGE908 PC Recoil Pad and I can get every thing to work for the PJ64 except the analog stick and the rumble feature. The game I have only played so far is Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and when I try to turn the rumble feature on the controler just contenously shakes untill I turn it off. Can anyone help?

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Quick question for you, are you using the default Jabo Direct Input plugin? I had the same problem with my PS2 controller, in that I would try to use rumble and it would rumble until I turned the rumble "off" in the plugin.

If that's the case, try switching to N-Rage's plugin. It'll solve that problem. As for the analog, are you sure you have your controller in "analog" mode? If it's still in "digital" the analog is off and won't work no matter how you try to configure it.

OP
StarKits

StarKits

Sister of StarFox~
Lol yeah I wasn't thinking at all about the analog button on the controller because my other controlers its on automaticly~.. And yeah I got the analog working but I haven't tryed the rumble again yet.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Now that you've solved the analog stick problem, you can try using N-Rage's plugin to get the rumble working too. I'm posting a link to another thread, actually directly to my post really, that has a download available for it.

http://www.emutalk.net/project64/39091-control-stick-help.html#post366000

You will really only need the N-Rage plugin, not the readme file or configuration file I added. I was trying to show another member how to make the mouse a controller. Hope that your rumble issue will be solved like mine was.

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
ok i have that exact problem with the exactly same controller, i use N-Rage's(the latest) and ive checked rumble to be on, ive TRIED a visual rumble but that didn't do anything...

EDIT: im an idiot, i just realised i didn't have rumble pack set instead of mem pack.

OP
StarKits

StarKits

Sister of StarFox~
Lol Yeah I got that this problem fixed now my problem is the actual graphix and rom settings~...

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Also, of importance, if you have "Visual Rumble" on it only works in the "Windowed mode" It makes the window flash the title bar. That's all it does. At least you both can get your controllers working now.