What's new

Help with Majora's Mask/Net play

RyanKajito

My friend recently gave me a rom for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask AND an emulator. The rom works great, however, after a half an hour are so, the screen goes black and I think it even crashes after that. Can someone help?

Also, I tried to play online with Super Smash Brothers and it wouldn't work. When I hit file, Netplay was shaded in grey.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Which emulator? 1964 or Project64K?

also, your computer specs would be nice to know. Make sure that you are using a good ROM. (Get GoodN64 and scan your rom with that).

OP
R

RyanKajito

I'm using ProjectN64K. I think my ROM is good, there is no other glitch other than the fact that red rupees come out gold.

OP
R

RyanKajito

Ok seriously, can someone help me? Is it the emulator or the rom? Either one can someone find me a better one. Which ever is messing it up (Probably the rom).

Iconoclast

Okay, Agozer, just for future reference, there is a third NetPlay emulator known as Nemu64, which is a decent N64 emulator.

As for your problem, I think it might have just been random. Or, if you try it and it happens again, try using the 1964 and Nemu64 emulators for NetPlay instead. Just use Glide64 as your graphics plugin for both these emulators. Did this help?

Clements

Sounds like another case of the unemulated day transition kicking in. Wait it out or use a different video plugin.

OP
R

RyanKajito

Okay, Agozer, just for future reference, there is a third NetPlay emulator known as Nemu64, which is a decent N64 emulator.

As for your problem, I think it might have just been random. Or, if you try it and it happens again, try using the 1964 and Nemu64 emulators for NetPlay instead. Just use Glide64 as your graphics plugin for both these emulators. Did this help?

Kinda, but is it the rom or emulator that's messed up? Because it always happens.

Iconoclast

Kinda, but is it the rom or emulator that's messed up? Because it always happens.
It is very common to blame game issues on the ROM, when this is almost never where the problem lies. And the emulator isn't messed up; it's very good, it's just that emulator developers have a hard time supporting a good amount of parts of all N64 ROMs and repairing issues.

Neither of these are messed up. You just need to change your graphics plugin. Since you probably don't even know what a plugin is, just install Mupen64, and start the Zelda ROM you were playing before and see if the issues are fixed then.