What's new

Majora's Mask "Non-mapped" Error

Dark_Drag0n

--Hello! I've been playing Majora's Mask for a while, but I just ran into an error in the Water Temple that stops me from progressing. Whenever I get near the enemies called Dexihands (underwater arms that stick out from the floor), I get the error "Executing from non-mapped space." This error also occurs when I throw the Zora's fins. However, I was able to throw the fins when I first got the Zora's mask, like at the killing pots minigame. I'm not sure when the error started.
--At the first time you meet the hands, I managed to kill them with my Zora shield from far enough away. Killing them with the fin boomerang freezes the game, and I can't get close enough for melee. However, now there is one guarding a chest with a small key essential for moving on. I can't get close enough to use the Zora shield either.
--Things I have tried: I have verified my rom and tried an assortment of other roms compatible with my save state. I have tried Interpreter mode and Protect memory. I don't get the error message, but it still freezes, and the emulator can still reload. I have went back in time, saved, reset, and tried again. But so far nothing has made a difference.
--Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
*****Sorry, lol, I figured out a way to fix it. I saved within the game and reloaded that, and it fixed everything. Too bad I can't delete the topic though.*****

Last edited: