What's new

Hey guys...question...

link222

Hello everyone, sorry for bothering you, I have a bit of a question about PJ64. First of all, it's a completely amazing emu and it's blowing my mind to play SM 64, Zelda OOT, etc. on my computer. Now, here's the thing: it runs beautifully, sound, video, every aspect. I have a pretty good laptop I bought in January (if top of the line is a 10, it's about a 7.5 or an 8 - I don't have the specs right now as I'm at work, but I'll try to post them tomorrow if you really need them). Anyway, it's great, but a few nights ago, playing SM 64, the emu just froze, then my whole system froze, and I got a blue screen, forcing me to restart. I hoped it was just a fluke, but now it happens randomly - I might be kicking ass playing it for a long stretch and it's fine, at another time it might lock up after 5 mins. Pretty disappointing, since it runs so well otherwise. Anyway, should I try using the other Direct video driver? I believe it's D6 instead of D8, something along those lines. Also, I read another post that said he had a lot of problems with v. 6.1 but that an earlier, I believe 5.1, was perfect. Should I change my driver, try out the earlier version of PJ64, or what? Anyway, thanks a lot!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Blue screens are often driver related. Your sound drivers, or your video drivers, for example, might be a culprit. Try updating your drivers and changing plugins.

revenile

Go ahead and try, just make sure all your drivers are the latest. Get your specs and download the latest drivers for everything.