What's new

Logitech dual action controller, Xbox 360 controller, or any other new controller?

mkanet

I know these kinds of questions come up all the time. I am just curious what people's opinions are about new/mainstream controllers. I just saw the xbox 360 controller and the logitech dual action controller at Best Buy and wanted to pick up one today if possible.

I realize there are people who use PS2 and Nintendo controllers as well, but I wanted to stick with something new and mainstream... which is supported very well in non-Project64 games.

Thanks for any options and suggestions!

-Michael

OP
M

mkanet

Sorry, I wasn't sure what forum to choose for Project64 controller recommendations. What do you like about the logitech rumblepad 2 verses the xbox 360 controller? Does it feel better to you? Is the Logitech rumblepad 2 the same thing as the Logitech dual action controller with rumble effect? I saw this one at Best Buy.

Look what I found :D

Gamepads > Logitech® Cordless Rumblepad™ 2

Wrong Forum. I will recommend you the Logitech Rumblepad 2

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Yes, it adds rumble effects, however I have the wired version because I don't like changing batteries.

X-box controllers are very good quality, Logitech has very high quality as well. I like that one because it feels like using a playstation controller (I never owned a PS, but they controller design is kinda good)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the heavier the control, the sturdier the design,.. thats why xbox controls can take such a punishment.

the XB360 control is lighter as the top connectors have been removed... :p

but... whether you can use it or not depends on whether its wired or wireless.

the wireless model is currently not able to be used on a PC, as there is no usb reciever on the market.... we are still waiting for some hardware hacker to make one :p

OP
M

mkanet

I just got my Logitech cordless rumblepad 2. It works perfectly! Rumble works too. Thanks for the advice. This is the first time I've used a wireless gamepad. Very nice!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
those logitech controls are nice. if i didn't have a spare xbox control to tear apart i would've gotten a logitech one