What's new

Frames per second error

iamleaker

for some reason Project 64 has limited my frames per second to 50 but the all my games goes slow becouse it was designed for 60. Is there a way to fix this? i hav a computer with way more than enough power in it, and if i turn off the limit it goes to abou 150-400 (depending on whats goin on) frames per second. Plz help

Iconoclast

for some reason Project 64 has limited my frames per second to 50 but the all my games goes slow becouse it was designed for 60. Is there a way to fix this? i hav a computer with way more than enough power in it, and if i turn off the limit it goes to abou 150-400 (depending on whats goin on) frames per second. Plz help
I would just like to say that this happens to me, too, everytime I run a European ROM on Project64. Almost all ROMs I play on Project64 are marked with the (U) goodcode. The ones marked with (E) that are European ROMs run at 50 FPS on my system. All other country versions run at 60 FPS.

Clements

That's because PAL TV sets operate at 50 fields per second and not 60.

To find the region, use GoodN64.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you can also view the rom information in the project64 rom browser
Japan - NTSC (says J next to the rom in the browser)
USA - NTSC (says U next to the rom in the browser)
Europe - PAL (says E next to the rom in the browser)

D.Farougia

What I think about that,
I mean,

I never found a difference between the smouthness of a (U) or a (E) rom
It appears to be the refresh rate, because we are speaking of "Hertz" and not of "fps", and It's a beeat different. In fact, the true frame rate is what "Glide wrapper" says, something about 25fps for (U) and 23,xx for (E), like for a movie... this should be more logical.

When I turn the head in half life 2 with the frame rate of 60fps, it 's much more better than if I do it in Zelda OOT that is running in 60fps too... this is a proof to say that we are not speaking of the same fps, isn't it?

Don't read it as affirmations, this is something I never understand :yucky: so this is my assumptions...

Someone with a real explanation is welcome:flowers:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
tv's that run at 60hz run at 60fps

tv's that run at 50hz, run at 50fps

otherwise,.. there would be screen tearing.

the N64 itself, only runs at 20fps for most titles.. but some do get higher