1.jpg

With Direct3D transform...

2.jpg

Yup.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
This isn't Project 64's problem

its the plugins problem!

wait.. nvm.. didn't read the thread properly before.

what video hardware do you have.

i can't reproduce this with my FX 5900xt

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
NOBLE STAR, that's a nice little workaround you've come up with there. I've been using the Direct3D8 1.6 plugin, since the 1.5.2 doesn't really do it for me, and I can't get Glide64 to look too much better (Link looks icky in the Submenus)... but this made some of the minor irritating things better. My Nintendo 64 logo looks correct (minus a small white line that goes from top to bottom as though it were a "flare" effect of some sort), the song's graphic show looks perfect, the stones look perfect, and other little annoyances are clear. And while I know this is to help with Majora's Mask... well it just made Ocarina of Time look MUCH better for me. Kudos.

OP
NOBLE STAR

NOBLE STAR

Conspiracy Researcher
NOBLE STAR, that's a nice little workaround you've come up with there. I've been using the Direct3D8 1.6 plugin, since the 1.5.2 doesn't really do it for me, and I can't get Glide64 to look too much better (Link looks icky in the Submenus)... but this made some of the minor irritating things better. My Nintendo 64 logo looks correct (minus a small white line that goes from top to bottom as though it were a "flare" effect of some sort), the song's graphic show looks perfect, the stones look perfect, and other little annoyances are clear. And while I know this is to help with Majora's Mask... well it just made Ocarina of Time look MUCH better for me. Kudos.

Yup, I remember when I had an old pc with cheap integrated graphics chip, "damn you compaq 5000T with intel 82810e chip", anywho no matter what I tried I had issues that couldn't be solved... Now I can run games like F.E.A.R., Half Life 2/Lost Coast, and PREY with everything on max except for soft shadows and high antilising.

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I'm likely going to upgrade my graphics card and throw in some kind of a 3D card... I just haven't felt like doing even more upgrades to the computer recently. But I am glad that you made this thread, it gave me some tricks to getting more out of an already great emulator.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ah ok, ... had the wrong plugin on...

yeah i get this... i think its related to some distance clipping problem with jabo's plugin,... does it occur in the dx6 plugin as well... some bugs are in jabo's d3d8 that were fixed in d3d6...

OP
NOBLE STAR

NOBLE STAR

Conspiracy Researcher
I'm likely going to upgrade my graphics card and throw in some kind of a 3D card... I just haven't felt like doing even more upgrades to the computer recently. But I am glad that you made this thread, it gave me some tricks to getting more out of an already great emulator.

Cool, I'm happy that I was able to help out in some way.

ah ok, ... had the wrong plugin on...

yeah i get this... i think its related to some distance clipping problem with jabo's plugin,... does it occur in the dx6 plugin as well... some bugs are in jabo's d3d8 that were fixed in d3d6...

Hmm, nope the issue is still there even with the Direct3D6 plugin.

Untitled-2.jpg

OP
NOBLE STAR

NOBLE STAR

Conspiracy Researcher
its not as bad though... the dudes hair is ok and the line on the top right.

Yeah his hair looks fine and there is a black line in the center at the top of the
town's entrance, I hope they do something about this in Jabo's next D3D Plugin.