What's new

Joystick Configuration - Help!

Add1cti0n

Alright first off I am sorry If this question has been answered before, I promise I looked for a good 15-20 minutes before posting this. Anyways on to my question...

I bought a USB Converter for the N64 controller, it allows me to plug in my N64 controller into the Converter then to my computer. For the most part I can get it to work fine, when in the "Configure Controller Plugin" options in PJ64 I am able to configure every button fine...with the execption of the joystick.

Something I noticed was I could get PJ64 to configure the joystick when I clicked on Player 2,3,4 but not Player 1. This is what comes up when I try to configure it...

Digital

L: Z-
R: Z+
U: Rz-
P: Rz+

I saved the "Profile" and loaded it on Player 1 but it still did not work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
A

Add1cti0n

I switched to N-Rage's Plug-In, it appears to pick up joystick movements fine but when playing a game it still will not work (I tested with multiple games).

This is now what the Control tab is saying...

Digital Pad

Up: Y Axis -
Left: X Axis -
Right: X Axis +
Down: Y Axis +

OP
A

Add1cti0n

Alright I got it to work, kinda...but theirs still a problem. The analog stick now works, although it moves very very slowly. When playing Mario 64, Mario just walks instead of runs. I tried changing the "range" it helped a little but still the sensativity is too low. Any new suggestions?

Also its not the controller, I tested it with my N64 console and it works fine.

Last edited:

carbon900

Adjust the range in Controller Config. to 100%

Controller 1 -> Devices -> DeadZone: 0%

Last edited:
OP
A

Add1cti0n

Thank you both very much, my problem has been solved. Now If you'll excuse me I have Zelda OOC to beat :D

Thanks again!!!

Meow

Hi,
I have the same problem you had first.
My analog is recognized when i setup it but it doesn't work in game.
You didnt explain how you fix that and i don't reach to make it works in game.
Can you explain what was the problem ?

(i ve setup the key to switch analog/digital too but it still not works when i switch, only digital keys are working)
thanx