What's new

Very Big Problem...

Noobone

hi,

I got a pretty big problem because of dolphin i think. After something i did with Dolphin, my computer started to act weird, and i think it has to do with "that". But i'm not sure, it could be a some sort of virus or whatever.

A few days ago, i tryed Super Smash Brothers Melee on Dolphin (Beta 1.03 from emulatorzone.com). I thought i would have PC good enough for it, but it seemed to kinda freezing a little much. So i messed around with that setting and one thing was very stupid. And i think that's the reason why my computer is acting this weird. (I wanted to send the makers of Dolphin my problem, but i didnt found any e-mail, so im using this forum)

It was: "ANTI-GAP" at the Audio Settings. It said Dangerous i know... it was stupid. But i seemed to work a lot more better that way, tryed lots of times, but always freezes when i try to start a game. After that i when i tryed to watch an Anime Episode, it did very slow. So i wanted to restart my computer but it did like 30 minutes to restart. (normally about 5 minutes)

After that starting up the PC cost from 30 minutes to about 3 hours. Closing off maybe 10 minutes or a little more. I'll try to explain how... with my english skills.

If you press the powerbutton of the PC, It loads with fujitsu siemens and than "Windows Vista", nothing wrong so far. Than if it loads the next screen, it goes black and than to the windows vista wallpaper(the screen because desktop) and than to the desktop. But when its loading and going to the black screen (after you see windows vista loading). IT stays on a black screen very long. It could go up to 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??!!!?! I thought it was an error or it just freezed the first few times but it seemed it didnt. After that it went to the screen before desktop and it stays there as well for a very long time, than when it loads to desktop everything is pretty normal. Everything is going slower, not Extreemly slow but just slow. But you notice a lot if you try to watch a movie or play a game. Meantime, i already unistalled Dolphin, Virus scanned a few times with Norton 2006, Problems check with norton systemworks 2006 and system mechanic, spyware scan with Xoftspy and the general stuff to boost the PC. (NOT DELETING EVERYTHING but just stuff what i dont know how it's said in english. Its just checking the whole pc for problems.)

I suspect that there is no virus and such. But rather something with the hardware now. But i dont know what... AND I hope people here, especially the Team Dolphin, can help me out...

I can't delete everything yet, i have lots of important school stuff on it and programs. And i hope i can do this without burning everything on CD :D

Thanks in advance

Sercio

WOW!!!
Hey dude youre sooooo awesome!!! I can take it anymore, its sooo funny!!! Did you ever get the idea that your pc is not good enough to emulate games? And do you tryed to close dolphin? Even if its not responds you can close them with the mighty task manager.... (? ) Amigo, did i missunderstand or something??
You wanna ask why dolphin doesnt work fine right? Simple answear: it is in the beta :)()
With your other system i cant help .... tell us more (specs driver etc)

BTW, Why i cant play gamecube games with a playstation 2 ? Both are videogames isnt? :p

Last edited:
OP
N

Noobone

Wow wtf, you did misunderstood. o_0

In the first place, i'm not asking why i cant play dolphin games, cause i knew i couldn't play SSM:melee when it went so slow the first time, only wanted to see some fighting even if it went slow.

2nd:
Did you ever get the idea that your pc is not good enough to emulate games?
nope, n64 games do work ;D lolz

3rd: Yes i tryed closing Dolphin :p OF COURSE~!! I never said i couldnt close dolphin... Just click the X and it's closed? :D LOL

4th: I tryed the "not-beta-version" ^^ 1.02 if i'm not wrong. It wouldnt work at all there.

5th: I thank you for responding as the first one, but plz leave away the useless things and dont talk like you know everything.

6th: System Specs...: okay? WHat kind of do you need...?

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.8GHZ
Motherboard: GA-8SGXLFS (Gigabyte)
1.5GB DDR RAM
BFG NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS OC (APG)

To make it clear...
I just want to know what happened with my computer, what is wrong? some kind of hardware part? or a program and how can i solve this...?

Sercio

Dude sorry for the unnecessary joke amigo! Well explain us your problem more in detail please.... after installing Dolphin your system goes wrong right? Did you install something other? I dont believe that Dolphin could be the reason for your problem. Check out your Msconfig, deselect all and reboot (close everything with Taskmanager btw) and reboot. If that wont help then check out your hardware... change the hdd into a other system and boot it up! If that wont help then you can be sure that its a software problem....
I apologize again!

OP
N

Noobone

No problem!

Okay, the problem wasnt there when I Installed it. I installed Dolphin a month ago, but never downloaded a rom. The reason was (probably) when i tryed the 'Anti-Gap (Dangerous)" Setting when playing the rom SSM: melee. Than i realized i did something wrong. Everything went a little slower and when i restarted the PC, it took 1 hour to do that...

About your advice
Check out your Msconfig, deselect all and reboot (close everything with Taskmanager btw) and reboot.

I'm a little noob with these things so... nooby questions:
WHat is MSconfig and how to check it? :D

If that wont help then check out your hardware... change the hdd into a other system and boot it up! If that wont help then you can be sure that its a software problem....

What do you mean check the hardware? close the computer and watch the hardware in the computer? or you mean checking teh hardware with the computer and how?

'Change the hdd into other system and boot it up' WOW, I dont get what you mean :D. (my english is kinda bad btw)

But yes, i hope you can tell me all the things i have to do to check my Hardware. ANd i hope my hardware isn't detroyed or something. If a part is defect, means that even if i Reinstall my whole computer, it would have no use.

Help me out plz!
Thanks for everything

Sercio

I guess you dont overclock your system or something... right? Anyway, Msconfig is a protokoll where is written what starts every boot. You can find it with >start>run>msconfig . If that wont work try to boot up your system in a other computer, take out your HDD (where everything is installet
HDD-MAIN.jpg
)
and put it into a other system. If there is the same problem you can be sure your computer is ok, but something with the software is wrong. Then you maybe should reinstall windows ;)

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Hmm never tested Dolphin on Vista, but I don't think it should be that dangerous...

What's wrong with a backup on cd/dvd/network station?

A.I.

Banned
Upgrading your chipset drivers can work wonders. I had similiar problems trying to restart my computer, it took forever to load, used to hang and crash on a regular basis. Now it runs like a super computer, though having
1 GIG RAM, a new motherboard and video card helps.

OP
N

Noobone

Wow, lots of reply's. Please understand that i cant reply very fast, i tryed starting up 2 times arlready and it really took 3 whole hours...

I guess you dont overclock your system or something... right? Anyway, Msconfig is a protokoll where is written what starts every boot. You can find it with >start>run>msconfig .
This shows up when i typ msconfig there: (It's dutch language)
msconfig.jpg

I dont know what you really mean, but i tryed selecting the 3rd ("selectief opstarten") and unchecked everything under it and rebooted the computer. Took 2 hours and when it was finally ready, it said something with cannot find file and settings have been changed and everything was classic style :S

PS: Overlocked? OC = Overclocked and my video card is overclocked... what does it mean...

Hmm never tested Dolphin on Vista, but I don't think it should be that dangerous...

What's wrong with a backup on cd/dvd/network station?
It's not really vista, there is a beta version but I only installed the Vista transformation pack downloaded from gamespot. So it's Windows XP Home Edition. and i dont know what you mean sorry... what back-up and nothing is wrong? :p

Upgrading your chipset drivers can work wonders. I had similiar problems trying to restart my computer, it took forever to load, used to hang and crash on a regular basis. Now it runs like a super computer, though having
1 GIG RAM, a new motherboard and video card helps.

=_= as you could expect, how can you upgrade chipset drivers? and i already have:
1.5GIG ddr Ram, but an old bad motherboard ^^ but the best APG Video card there is, if i'm not wrong.

Hope anyone here can help me out man, lol i have lots of important things soon: School & Gaming :D. Someone who had such a problem can certainly help me out. I still dont really know what to do now but i'll try the harddrive on another computer if it's possible, try to set the settings to before I used dolphin and some other things. But the restarting cost lots of time, that's all...

Sercio

You where right!
First disable everything unnecessary with your Task manager (strg+alt+delete)
Then run msconfig, goto last page and do that:

konfig1.JPG

konfig12.JPG

after that reboot!

Sercio

Hey sercio, what the program you used to hack that image

Huh? What do you mean? This image is a quick creation with MSPaint... you mean maybe how i capture the window? Simple answear : Press print on your keyboard and open paint >paste ... thats all ;)

OP
N

Noobone

I thought only paint was enough o_0 but anyway...

I've tried it, finally restarted after what you said. It doesn't seem to work right now when i'm trying to play an online game. But uhh, do i have to re-check all of them again and reboot again?

EDIT:
I think i will try soon even without your answer If it takes too long, but i have no intension of trying to much myself because this restarting is really bugging me off. ALL MY WEEKENDS ARE BEING DESTROYED LIKE THIS!!! :angry:

ps: are you actually someone from dolphin team? i think someone from the team should know it...

Last edited: