What's new

How do you make an emulator?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
And not to forget:

Will the emu work on the current PC's
~1 GHZ pc's 128 Ram

cuz it isn't usefull to create a XboX emu because our CPU aren't powerfull enough.

Specs: 1.0 GHZ Intel Celeron Processor, 128MB SyncDRAM, 20GB Hard Drve, and a 3D AGP Graphics Intel Direct AGP.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
(NL)Falcon4ever said:

cuz it isn't usefull to create a XboX emu because our CPU aren't powerfull enough.

Specs: 1.0 GHZ Intel Celeron Processor, 128MB SyncDRAM, 20GB Hard Drve, and a 3D AGP Graphics Intel Direct AGP.

An X-Box emu. Possible. Can run. Yes. Is Win 2000 kernel. WinXP can run it at full speed. (Sorry Win9x and Me).

And WHAT are those specs. Those specs are a disaster. X-Box's specs are better that that.

CPU: Intel Celeron P3 @ 700 Mhz (Runs at 500 Mhz, i believe)
HD: 8 or 10 GB
GPU: Nvidia NV-25 (Like a Geforce 4, but better.)
Controller: A disaster. (And some said that that the N64 controller was too big... well, think again!)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I thought the X-Box used a modified Windows CE kernal (or Pocket OS 2002 or whatever it's called now).

Also, it's gfx controller is slightly less functional than a GF4 4400 (read that at Tom's Hardware). It also uses a custom nVidia sound chip.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
The Dreamcast uses a special WindowsCE kernel with DirectX 5. Yes, 5!.

It uses a n'force version. Yes, like a GF4, but with its level of syncronization, can be better that some configurations of PCs (If you have a P4 1.3+ Ghz, RDRAM PC600, UltraATA100, DVD 16X, the X-Box is a BABY!!)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
as would I, but we arn't going to see one for quite a while, the PS2 emu took what, ~1 1/2 years before it came out. :)