What's new

How to: play banjo tooie and banjo kazooie

Pekey

Okay, I'm a complete newb in emulation stuff... I have heard the word "emulator" a couple of times and know that it means to play older console games at the pc. (to trick the pc into thinking it is a nintendo 64 for example)

so... what I want is a step-by-step guide on "how to get to play banjo kazooie/tooie"

for example:

- first go here *link*
- then download that and that
- then you download this *link*
- do so and so in that and that program *detailed*

how to fail at this:

well i suppose it could be done with the g-corpensoesor. just compress the texture-map and relocate the beans.

remember, im a noob.

sorry for this crap thread but i need to play banjo tooie/kazooie. :p

tooie is most important.

and now, completely unrelated smilley! --->:santa:

Toasty

Sony battery
There's a wonderful FAQ for Banjo-Tooie that you can read over. From what I understand, 1964 version 0.8.5 performs most accurately with BT at this time. (Version 0.9.9 introduced a few bugs into this particular game and PJ64 can crash on occasion.) So, download 1964 v0.8.5, download the plugins suggested in the FAQ (you'll need to copy Jabo's graphics plugins from Project64 and copy Mupen64's RSP from Mupen64) and give it a go. (Install PJ64 and Mupen64 and copy the RSP and graphics plugins from their installation locations to 1964's corresponding installation location.)

EDIT: There are more in-depth installation instructions in the FAQ under Final Results.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

I think Project64 only crashes on Banjo-Tooie if you use certain GameShark cheats. One of them was Infinite Air, the other Beta Bottles' Revenge Mode, and there were two more cheats I can't remember that guarantee crashes the moment the ROM boots. Anyway, the PJ64 GameFAQ may say otherwise, but I have yet to see it crash without any GameShark cheats.

Of course, 1964 is almost always faster, so whatever. Although, on 1964, even with Super Mario 64, Virtual Chess 64, you name it, it would sometimes crash on me if I waited long enough, give or take a few hours, so I'm not sure 1964 v0.9.9 is so stable either. Then again, this is not speaking for v0.8.5.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I think Project64 only crashes on Banjo-Tooie if you use certain GameShark cheats.
Nope, it crashes whether you have cheats on or not a lot of the time due to a core bug in Project64 which occurs randomly when the game tries to save - I have no doubt at all if you use cheats it'll help crash the game though. These crashes seem to happen randomly and can go for hours without ever seeing one, this is why I recommend the use of 1964 0.8.5, with the right setup it is the perfect core emulator to run Banjo-Tooie (it hasn't crashed for me once), (0.9.9 has issues with the fire egg switch).

The crashes that happen In Banjo-Tooie have been around since Project64 1.5 (They were more prone then I believe) but I've still managed to get it to happen in project64 1.6, I spent countless hours working on this issue and I found the solution so i'm happy with it. Iconoclast I know we have had issues in the past but please don't bring them up here because I've replied here.

If it doesn't crash for you then just keep using your current emulator setup, the setup I suggest in final results of BT faq is very smooth though, probably the best Banjo-Tooie experience money can buy *(no cash down now ;))

Last edited:
OP
P

Pekey

woah woah woah guys...

where do i get the banjo tooie files? everybody tells me what programs to use, but no one ever tells me where the heck the banjo tooie... folder is... =P

i said step by step, explain it to me as i were a six year old.

but thanks for the help anyway.

and now, a completelly unrelated smilley ---> :batman:

Allnatural

where do i get the banjo tooie files? everybody tells me what programs to use, but no one ever tells me where the heck the banjo tooie... folder is... =P
You are, in a roundabout way, asking where to download a rom, which is a violation of the board rules. I'll let it slide given your apparent naïveté. Finding roms is your responsibility; you won't find any help here.